BlueAmps "SPARK" Active Stereo FRFR Cab

• Thanks! I'm debating between the Spark and the Michael Britt cabinet from Xitone. Leaning toward the Spark for stereo...

One other question: I currently use two PA speakers at home (one is a Yamaha BR12M and the other is a JBL JRX212). The Kemper sounds great through those PA speakers...much crisper than with my 2x12 guitar cab. I'm wondering, based on your experience with the Spark and I assume with some decent PA speakers, if you think the Spark is that much better (to justify the cost). I understand that it is MUCH more mobile and looks amazing, but I'm curious about your thoughts on the sound compared to good PA speakers in stereo.

It's just a very large purchase, so I want to be 100% sure!!!

• Hey Lance,

Sound is, of course, a matter of taste. So I can tell you only my subjective experiences.
    I played many tube amplifiers before the Kemper. Boogie III, Marshall JMP, Fender Vibrolux Reverb, Framus Mellow Yellow and Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister. All great amplifiers. In addition I have played Vahlbruch, Lovepedal and Wampler pedals, as well as Mobius and timeline of Strymon.

Everything great, but elaborate.

Then I discovered the Kemper for myself. With FRFR I was initially still skeptical. I first played over two 12 "Egnater rebel boxes with a Rocktron Velocity 300 amp. It sounded quite well, as usual.
    To use the full functionality of the Kempers I wanted to use FRFR. In the Kemper Forum much positive posts about the Yamaha DRX10 Wedge were reported.

I tried the box and bought two for stereo FRFR! The Yamahas alone sounded very good. In the context of the complete band and the rhythm guitarist (who plays my old Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister), they lost something (its hard to explain). For AC / DC moderate songs, the box has been somewhat sterile. I was not fully convinced.
    I can not tell you exactly what it was. Many swear by the Yamaha, but they did not make me happy. That certain something has been missing. In addition, it is a towing, to playing live with 2 wedges. For my back not so great!

I've communicated a lot with Marco (from BlueAmps). I told him my problems. Marco has told me a lot about FRFR and other speaker systems from other manufacturers. He has recommended the "Blue 3" and for more power the "Spark". And he assured me, "Piet, you will be satisfied."

Of course, the Spark is not cheap. Compared to 2 Yamahas it is almost the same. Good parts cost money. And at BlueAmps everything is handmade

I sold my two DRX10 very well and then ordered the spark.

Thats it! I am really happy now.

But as I said! This is my very subjective opinion!

It is not easy to make the right decision. I made the right decision for myself. :D:D:D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Piet

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband