Posts by Lbochs

Hi, I would like to purchase the Camplifier separately if you are interested.

Thanks in advance,
    Don

Hey, Don. I might go that route if it doesn't sell soon as a package. What are you willing to pay? I literally used the S2 for about 20 minutes just to test it out. It's plenty loud, but I normally just ran my Kemper through my home PA rather than my guitar cabinet.

I had the issue with spdif and analog when using a Focusrite 6i6. In fact, I had the issue not just while reamping, but with the 6i6 in general, so it may not have been related to the Kemper at all (either the 6i6 or user error).

I exchanged it for the NI Komplete Audio 6 and haven't noticed the issue again. I only had a few hours to play around with the Komplete Audio 6, but so far no issues.

Thanks! I'm debating between the Spark and the Michael Britt cabinet from Xitone. Leaning toward the Spark for stereo...

One other question: I currently use two PA speakers at home (one is a Yamaha BR12M and the other is a JBL JRX212). The Kemper sounds great through those PA speakers...much crisper than with my 2x12 guitar cab. I'm wondering, based on your experience with the Spark and I assume with some decent PA speakers, if you think the Spark is that much better (to justify the cost). I understand that it is MUCH more mobile and looks amazing, but I'm curious about your thoughts on the sound compared to good PA speakers in stereo.

It's just a very large purchase, so I want to be 100% sure!!!

Hey, PietH!

I'm seriously considering the Spark. After a month with the cabinet, are you still in love with it? I'm debating between a mono frfr cabinet, the stereo Spark, and the stereo Blue 3.

I currently have the Camplifier S2 stereo amp, but I'm leaning toward the active version of the Spark or Blue 3 as they are more powerful than the Camplifier.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Lance

I normally play through PA speakers in stereo, with the Cabinet simulation turned on. If I turn off the cabinet simulation on a high-gain rig, the distortion has a very noticeable "fizzy" sound. This is not a problem, as there is never a need to actually turn off the cabinet simulation when running through PA/FRFR speakers...

However, I have noticed the same thing when using my Yamaha 2x12 guitar cab.

Has anyone else noticed the same when using a real guitar cabinet and turning off the cab sim? Hopefully I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks,
    Lance

Anyone have an interest in a mint-condition Camplifier S2? I bought it a couple months ago and have only plugged it in twice. I run through a PA at home and haven't needed to go mobile. I'm considering an active FRFR cabinet, such as the Blue 3 or Blue Spark, in which case I'll have no use for the S2...

Let me know if you'd like to make a deal!

It would also be cool if we could run a dual amp setup with one profile panned right and one profile panned left. Probably a serious drain on processing resources, though.

To be a bit more clear - I was thinking a paid product, not just a free video on my youtube channel (that would be one damn long video!). I wouldn't be wanting to charge very much for it though, probably $10-20 or so.

Without a doubt I'd pay that much just to see what I'm missing!!!

Thanks for all the feedback. It is more of a low hum as opposed to a high hiss. It does go away when I turn down my guitar volume, similar to normal hum when I plug my strat into my tube amps. It also does diminish when I find that sweet spot (angle).

What I find puzzling is that it went from absolutely NO noise at all when using my humbucker pickups, to all of the sudden having terrible noise after I moved it a few feet down the wall. Also how it gets worse as I increase the gain seems odd (it gets REALLY loud as I turn up the gain past 12:00).

I'll try using a long instrument cable and move to the other side of the room where I had no noise when I moved the Kemper over there and see if it still happens when I stand over there.

Thanks again for your ideas.

I apologize if this has been covered already, but I didn't see anything doing a quick search. I run my Kemper through a powered mixer and into two passive speakers. I typically play a Hagstrom guitar. Historically I've had no issues with noise whatsoever, unless I to the coil tap and go to single-coil mode. When using the humbuckers, the rig was insanely quite! It was perfect.

Yesterday I move the whole setup literally 5 feet to the left along the same wall, using the same outlet. All the sudden, the noise is terrible, even with humbuckers. I did note that when using a clean profile (gain very low), I the issue doesn't exist. It gets steadily worse as I turn up the gain knob in any profile. Also noteworthy is that the problem is the same whether I'm using headphones or the PA.

To troubleshoot, I moved the Kemper to the other side of the room and the problem went away. I'd like to avoid moving the whole rig again if at all possible, for a few reasons.

One other thing to mention is that the electrical breaker box for the house is now just a few feet away from the rig...I'm wondering if that's the issue. Lastly, I did tinker with the ground lift buttons on the back of the Kemper.

Any ideas on the issue???