KPA = old tech?

• [quote='

And I agree... people on the Fractal forum are very enthusiastic about the Axe-FX... but wait....
    ... people on the Kemper Forum... are enthusiastic about the KPA... I think that's just normal :)[/quote]

I agree to a certain extent, but Ive been to a couple of music stores in the UK recently where the axefx forum and the conduct of some of the regular posters has been an item of ridicule to say the least.

• In the end all this discussion about all this is totally nonsense. Potential processing power of CPUs or DSPs may vary but in the end it all depends on the knowledge and experience of the programmers. There are sooo many examples for this, like every modern DSP has like 1000 times the DSP power of those classic lexicon reverbs but still do not sound as good. Why? Cause other manufacurers have the hardware potential, but simply lack the knowledge. Or look at the playstation3. They inplemented those ultra capable cell CPUs there just with the effect that noboby knew how to use it. And when the knowledge was finally there, there were other components that prohibited to really use its full potential.

In fact i would really like some of those really DSP intense effects like a intelligent pitch shifter on the KPA, but not to just distract from the fact that the amp sounds themselves lack that "final bit of spirit" that the KPA has in its amp sounds. And i also would not want the KPA to cost 600€ more just to realize some effect you can never really use on your music if you are not Steve Vai ;)

• I love the AxeFX forum, for me it's a wealth of knowledge about a great product. Like most forums, however, there are people with very strong opinions about the product and even more so about other competing products. This means that things get out of hand pretty quickly and that's usually where the censorship comes in, it's not usually the posts themselves but the response from users flexing their internet muscles. Some of the things said both amuse and disappoint me at the same time. I hope that this forum can stay on track and constructive to make the KPA the best it can be :)

Spence

• I love the AxeFX forum, for me it's a wealth of knowledge about a great product. Like most forums, however, there are people with very strong opinions about the product and even more so about other competing products. This means that things get out of hand pretty quickly and that's usually where the censorship comes in, it's not usually the posts themselves but the response from users flexing their internet muscles. Some of the things said both amuse and disappoint me at the same time. I hope that this forum can stay on track and constructive to make the KPA the best it can be :)

Spence

Yeah, agree Spence.

• .. the Axe II has to model much more then the KPA because it models EVERY single component in an amp:)

Actually I've never believed that load of old bollocks. Who is it who says that's how it works.....Fractal say that, but where is the proof. I remember when I read that for the first time when the Axe first came onto the market, "absolute bollocks" I thought to myself. There are so many variables in components within an amp that not only vary their own voltages but in turn vary the voltages of those component next in the signal chain and further down the signal chain, and depending on the load of the next component that has an effect on the previous component, and then of course there is the random nature of the guitar signal that is fed to the input to begin with, I just don't believe it. It's all hype to help push the price up and build up an awe of wonder around the unit and its developers.

I am a software developer which is probably why I don't get sucked in by such wild claims.

Spence

Agreed, all internet guitar forums are a wealth of knowledge, they're like "gear" universities, and they all have members who have strong opinions about different products, however, only two forums have bias censorship, and bias moderation, and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know which two forums those are. :!:

That's my last word on the subject. :)

Armin, stop starting threads that you know will lead to controversy & drama. :D

• Forums run by manufacturers are always biased, because they are for peope who own the product. When you are looking for objective reviews, these kind of forums are not the way to go. And there are even rules for this forum:
    By participating in the forums, you agree not to [...]
    - Post any material that is knowingly false or aimed to disrupt the operation of the forums in any way [...]
    - Advertise or sell commercial or private products or services of any kind, without explicit prior permission [...]
    - Send messages specifically designed to inflame controversy or exert pressure on Access Music [...]
    You are responsible for the information or material you put on the Forum. Postings that fall under any of these criteria might be edited or deleted by forum administrators or moderators without further notice. Kemper GmbH also reserves the right to disable the account of members who repeatedly violate the forum rules.

The purpose of such a forum is to share informations about the product not to review other products and say they are much better :D

The DSP Power is not important for me. I prefer a unit without fan-noise, which sounds good. By the way the CPU on the KPA is the new dual core from Motorola.

• By the way the CPU on the KPA is the new dual core from Motorola.

:huh: Have you opened your unit? You mean the same Freescale that is in the T1?

Edit: or the MSC8152?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• That's where you're wrong my friend! The Axe-FX forum is far worse than any other guitar product forum. I take it you have not been around the block much?

Yes, that's what I've been saying. The problem is that they invested a fortune in the fact that the product is state of the art in every aspect. So naturally, there can be nothing else out there that is better. ;)

That's bull! We don't have the censorship going on like over the Axe Forum. I have read threads over there that got deleted, just because users were stating their opinion. People have been banned because they dared to express their feelings about what is/was not perfect about the Axe. And I remember a post by Cliff calling his customers "indignant whiners". :thumbdown:

I have been around in the forums for very long and I have seen it almost everywhere where there was a product that was the best of its kind for a period of time long enough to create the fan effect. A good example of this is Line 6 forums some years ago (I don't know how it is now). Another example could be Apple forums.

As for the censorship, what do you expect to happen in a forum owned by the same company of the product you are talking about? I don't know if you thought about this but why do you think they decided to have a public and a private forum here?

• Having only owners in the private Forum makes sure the discussion remains focused and constructive...as it should be, at the end this is not a Chatroom (and I'm the first one going often OT.... :( ).

All this Vs. crap is useless (IMHO) there are a couple of Axe profiles available and they are excellent, as good as an amp profile. Is normal that every gearhead likes to have the better, bigger, newer....and you'll always have fans....my position? would love to have both....and an Eventide and some tube amp and another 5 or 6 guitars. :P :P :P :P (sorry, I'm dripping on the keyboard)....reality is that I have to make choices, and this was my choice. If somebody else is happier with something else is fantastic and let's go back making some music! Where is the problem?

:D :D :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• There's only one thing that matters about the Kemper Amp.

That's the way it sounds. Not the processors, the colour, how it looks, whats really inside or anything else.

Never forget that the Kemper product does what every other product in this sort of style would love to do no matter what the hardware is.

It's that simple. You don't need to look any further than the Kemper profiling amp for the best SOUND there is of this type of product...

As Metallica might tell you 'Nothing else matters'...

So why not close off this awful thread and enjoy the best product in the world - the KPA.

Trust me - you will be the better for it.

Careful I'm watching you...

• I mind about the colour :D !!!

If you don't care about anything but the sound maybe you should simply not enter in these threads and let the rest of the people decide what they want to talk about.