Insufficient Voltage

• So, I think I may be experiencing a poor power problem.
    I've been having a reoccurring instance at a certain venue. Plus, only one other potentially shady voltage situation, at another place.

The issue I'm having is a terrible scratchy static noise & I may have hurt my Kemper by not protecting it against weak or bad voltage.
    It went completely mute on me at a gig, tried rebooting it a few times, but no luck, THEN, when I brought it home, everything worked fine.

I currently live in Vietnam & this might be due to electrical surges. I would like to find a good power conditioner that might be able to fix this.
    I just hope Its not too late, & that I haven't hurt it by not protecting it properly

Any suggestions, advice, or recommendations?

Thanks

• Hey mattfertitta,

Sorry to hear about your issues. If your Kemper mutes out and won't turn back on until you get back home ... it sounds like you're suffering from brownouts (undervoltage and sag). This condition is more common than most folks think and usually lasts much much longer than a surge or spike, sometimes minutes and ocassionally hours.

Another problem is: brownouts can be followed by swells (overvoltage) and a typical surge protector will not help you with either of these conditions.

If your location really has unreliable power, I suggest you look at some kind of stand-by UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply). If your situation is mission critical and you can't tolerate equipment failure due to bad power, you'll need to look at an "on-line" UPS.

Best of luck.

• There are a few brands with small economical UPS power supplies (basically a battery and power conditioner/controller/auto-failover switch all in one).

I've used some small APC brand ones over the years. Most are found in the computer section at stores and at
    places like Bestbuy.com and Newegg.com if shopping online.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Probably don't need one this big, but they have different VA/Watt rating sized ones.
    Unpowered Kemper is only between 50 and 100 watts power draw.
    1500 VA one would give you over an hour with full power loss. Brownouts and such will only be a blip on the battery
    reserve power occasionally.

https://www.newegg.com/Product…aspx?item=N82E16842102041

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love: