TMS Profiles

• Wow. Killer demo. ThanksSounds full and natural and with none of the ice pick high mids I hate so much.
    I really appreciate you taking the time to demo the profiles.
    Would you mind if I shared it on my FB page ?

@mickrich of course you can share it. After all your hard work and generosity, its the least I could do. It's cool you like it !

• Is there any chance of you getting your hands on a Sunn Model T? My holy grail of amps, but no commercial profiler has offered it yet. I don't know why, like if maybe some people aren't equipped to handle the SPLs of a cranked Sunn, but you would think a commercial studio would handle it no problem. I see it on "requested amp" threads every few months, but nobody has gone there yet...

I understand you're probably starting with bread-and-butter amps, but a cranked Model T is the one iconic amp-based tone I can think of that nobody seems to offer.

• Huge thanks to Sam Goffen (Netheravon) for doing a killer demo of the TMS EVH profiles that will be released soon.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Is there any chance of you getting your hands on a Sunn Model T? My holy grail of amps, but no commercial profiler has offered it yet. I don't know why, like if maybe some people aren't equipped to handle the SPLs of a cranked Sunn, but you would think a commercial studio would handle it no problem. I see it on "requested amp" threads every few months, but nobody has gone there yet...

I understand you're probably starting with bread-and-butter amps, but a cranked Model T is the one iconic amp-based tone I can think of that nobody seems to offer.

I'll see can I get a hold of one.
    Might be hard to get in Ireland, where I am.
    I can handle high volumes no prob.
    The whole place was shaking when I was profiling the JCM800 =]

Have you tried the ones on Rig Exchange? I found a number just searching "Sunn", though there's no promise of quality vs a commercial reseller (and Mick knows his stuff).

• I'll see can I get a hold of one.Might be hard to get in Ireland, where I am.
    I can handle high volumes no prob.
    The whole place was shaking when I was profiling the JCM800 =]

If you manage to get one, I'll be lined up on day one to order!

Have you tried the ones on Rig Exchange? I found a number just searching "Sunn", though there's no promise of quality vs a commercial reseller (and Mick knows his stuff).

You know what, I'll give them a shot, but my previous experiments with the Rig Exchange led me to stick to commercial profilers. My TAF/M Britt/guido/topjimi profiles have required much less tweaking to get to a usable state, and generally feel more consistent in quality. That's not to insult the work put in by people on the RE, but many of them lack the gear and experience (and treated rooms) of the commercial profilers. If Mickrich put in the effort to a Sunn profile that he's shown in the others so far, I have absolutely no doubt that it would become my #1 amp for my indie/alt/stoner material.

• You know what, I'll give them a shot, but my previous experiments with the Rig Exchange led me to stick to commercial profilers. My TAF/M Britt/guido/topjimi profiles have required much less tweaking to get to a usable state, and generally feel more consistent in quality. That's not to insult the work put in by people on the RE, but many of them lack the gear and experience (and treated rooms) of the commercial profilers. If Mickrich put in the effort to a Sunn profile that he's shown in the others so far, I have absolutely no doubt that it would become my #1 amp for my indie/alt/stoner material.

It's true that most commercial sellers give you really good quality due to the equipment at their disposal. There are also some quality profiles from amateurs and hobbyists and perhaps the Model T profiles are good enough to get you through until Mick or someone can use their magic touch and release a pack. Anyway, back on topic...

Tested some profiles last night for Mick and it's going to make Kemperites very happy. Though, @mickrich, I'm not sure you're going to be able to make them wait until you have 10 full packs before selling. @ashtweth will probably try to seduce your reasoning with the promise of endless Aussie beers. In the interim I'll try and piece together some direct recordings for others to tease the forthcoming tones. It's the least I could do for how generous you've been to many of us.

• I plan on redoing them. Honestly heard it and felt it could be done infinitely better (except my playing of course, that will always suffer). I will do non-effect and non-EQ tomorrow as time permits.

• I plan on redoing them. Honestly heard it and felt it could be done infinitely better (except my playing of course, that will always suffer). I will do non-effect and non-EQ tomorrow as time permits.

I was wondering what Nicky ( @Monkey_Man ) was referring to in previous comment. Now, the mysterious "self-delete" makes sense. Look forward to hearing it when you repost, MM.

Cheers,
    John

• Looking forward to hearing the demo =]
    Quick one for you guys to test if you have time.
    I'm finding the EVH into Greenback 4x12 a bit sharp in the high mids so I am using a vintage Shure 545 combined with M201.
    The 545 is the SM57's grandad and a bit smoother in the highs.
    I think this sounds great but opinions would be really appreciated.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6p05…4-26%2012-48-12.kipr?dl=0

Also going to have to scrap the EVH recto cab I have done already.
    Way too shrill and bright. I think it might need the Neve mic pre to soften it a bit or possible presence too high on the amp or maybe the 545 too instead of sm57.
    It's always hard to scrap a day's work but the results are what counts. =]

• I cannot keep up with all these freebies man! Very generous of you and I am always excited to try them out.

@mickrich Please if you can, launch your website and enable pre-ordering. I am more than willing to pay you for your efforts and profiles.

It's not freebies. It's research =]
    Every bit of feedback is making my profiles better.
    I won't be setting up the web store until I reach 10 finished packs.
    No point making a small impact. I want to hit like a hammer \m/

• If close micing with Shure dynamics like the 57 is generating profiles which are too bright, a darker mic like the MD 421 might work. Not sure how much studio gear you have but if you have ribbon mics like the Royer 121 or 101 or the Beyerdynamic M160 or large diameter condensers like the AT 40X0 mics or a Neumann you might find these are less peaky in the upper mids. With those, or any dynamics for that matter, you can try profiling from further back from the cone. Just some suggestions if you are experimenting.

• If close micing with Shure dynamics like the 57 is generating profiles which are too bright, a darker mic like the MD 421 might work. Not sure how much studio gear you have but if you have ribbon mics like the Royer 121 or 101 or the Beyerdynamic M160 or large diameter condensers like the AT 40X0 mics or a Neumann you might find these are less peaky in the upper mids. With those, or any dynamics for that matter, you can try profiling from further back from the cone. Just some suggestions if you are experimenting.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I have lots of mics =]
    I find the 421 to have a worse 5k fizz than most mics but it does have good low mid content.
    I much prefer the M201 which has the low mids of the 421 but much smoother highs.
    I don't like ribbons on a cab, find them too boomy and dark.
    I think the EVH recto suffered because I was teaching a class earlier the same day and was really tired.
    Fresh ears today and I immediately heard it as too sharp.
    The 545 is like a smoother 57 so it's working well.

• have you tried the SM7? just wondering cause I recently bought one myself but haven't been able to try it on a cab yet

Yes. I have an SM7B.
    Nice combined with a brighter mic but a bit dark on its own,
    Also, the capsule is so far away from the end of the enclosure, it makes it hard to get perfect phase with another mic unless the other mic is several inches away from the cab.
    SM7B is king for vocals though. Instant awesome =]