ATH M40x

• I can get a super great deal on a set of these. I've read great reviews. anyone use these with their Kemper? I'm sure they are light years ahead of the $12 best buy brand ones I'm currently using. haha

• I can get a super great deal on a set of these. I've read great reviews. anyone use these with their Kemper? I'm sure they are light years ahead of the $12 best buy brand ones I'm currently using. haha

Depends what a "super great deal" is. Most people do really like them. I personally find the earcups a tad small and the pleather makes my ears sweat. Also, they feel overly bassy to me. Resolution in the mids and highend is top notch at the pricepoint. They are just "Consumer" shaped in sound (V-EQ).
    From my selection of Headphones there are only two i'd replace today if they broke regardless of price. Either the Beyer DT770 Pro or the Sennheiser HD600. Both are more expensive but well worth the added price in my opinion.

If you're used to 12$ headphones, i bet the ATH's will work great for you!

• the super great deal is around $125 canadian dollars. that's pretty much my budget right now after buying the kemper. I'm sure in the future I'll get a flatter pair, but hopefully right now they'll do the trick.

• I would if I could. maybe in a few years I can get a really great set. for now though the 40s may have to do

Whatever you buy, there will always be something better. Well, at least people will tell you that something else is better.

Who cares? Buy it and enjoy the Kemper.