Naming my Rigs

• After creating more than 100 profiles - I found I need to update my naming a bit - maybe my thoughts help others as well ...

We have a lot of search options (Name, Date, Author) - but for everyday use do I sort by name.

All my profiles are now named like this:

'AH Amp Channel Settings Options/Mic'

To easily find my own profiles all at one place do I start the name of each profile with 'AH ' (my initials).
    For the Channel I use 'C1, C2, C3' I don't use 'Clean' 'Crunch' anymore - it uses to much space.
    For the Marshall JVM I used 'C11, C12, C13, C21, ...) = C&Channel&Submode (here green,yellow,red) - at first I used just green, yellow and red - but red is before yellow when sorting by name ...

For the settings I use the 24h naming (9:00, 10:00, 11:00,12:00, 13:00, ...) in case I need this fine steps - or just (9,10,11,12) for bigger steps.

And options are all other stuff (switches...)

e.g.

AH LSS C1 12:00 R121 = My own profile - of a LoneStarSpecial - Channel1 - Gain at noon - captured by a R121
    AH LSS C2 G15 DOff T = My own profile - of a LoneStarSpecial - Channel2 - Gain at 15:00 - DriveMode Off - Thick Switch on

AH JVM C22 11:00 = My own profile - of a Marshall JVM - Channel2 yellow mode - Gain 11:00

Yes, It looks a little bit complicated at first glance - but works fine - and I have all my stuff at one place and in the right order - when I switch the Profiles from Gain=9 to 10,11,12, 13... I feel like changing the gain setting on the real Amp.

Yes, if we ever get the feature to combine profiles then I would need instead of 9 Profiles:
    AH LSS C1 09:00 R121
    AH LSS C1 10:00 R121
    AH LSS C1 11:00 R121
    AH LSS C1 17:00 R121

Only one profile
    AH LSS C1 R121

That would be great :thumbup:

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Hi Armin,

I'm also at 100+ profiles and have a problem with naming. It would be so much easier if there was a librarian program that allowed easy tagging. That way we could use the Rig name for being a bit more clear. I.e. the amp and cab name tags would be shown in the librarian and be searchable.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Yes, but I hate to use external editors - the KPA is very easy to use directly.

So an editor would be nice for naming etc. but for daily use would it be much better to add additional searching options in the browse menu - according to the tags:
    e.g.
    order by amp name
    order by mic name
    order by speaker type (1x12, 2x12, 4x12 ...)
    order by speaker name

simply by ALL available tag fields - not only date, name, user as it is now.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Yes, I would rather not use an external editor but wouldn't mind for house keeping. More sort orders is also a good idea.

Cheers,

Mats N