Can clipping damage input stage?

• Hi guys! Probably a noob question here but I searched through past 3ds and haven't found nothing like this :/

I was playing with the K when I had to change the guitar cable: so i turned the chicken knob to tuner and took off the cable. I noticed the input led turning full red for a moment. I was just wondering if that kind of clipping or other kind of clipping in the input stage could eventually damage (maybe within years) the stage itself or the converter.

Did somone think this before? I assume the answer is NO, but ... just to be sure :D

Thank you very much in advance :)

• Considering that all amp gain is clipping and those amps are still going strong after 60 years, I doubt that a bit too much of an overloaded signal will do anything. ;)

I'm more concerned about the Kemper breaking from normal wear and tear in the future and not being supported, so I'm probably going to buy a backup in the next couple of years. But I already dropped this one and had to put it back together and it's working fine so I think that they've got a good amount of durability.

• No mate, you'll be fine, mikoppa.

Unless you're literally pumping a whole lotta juice, and I'm talking many volts (I'm trying to take an intelligent guess here, which is a challenge for me as electricity confuses the Hell out of me) into the input, I can't see your doing any damage.

In the instance you spoke of the indicator would've simply been reacting to a spike created when you disconnected the lead or connected the other one. Think of what happens when you swap leads to a real amp - you've gotta turn down first or you'll scare the bejesus out of everyone in the room with the spikes created by doing so, no? Ever hear of anyone blowing his or her amp input by swapping leads?

Cheers mate.

EDIT:
    Damn you, Phil; I'm too slow! ;)