Does anyone else find the Volume pedal on the Kemper useless. Please let me explain.

• Hi all, hoping someone can maybe share wisdom on what I might be doing wrong.
    I have two Boss FV500H connect to the Kemper foot controller. One for wah. Which seems fine. The second for volume. I have calibrated both pedals in the system settings with the dials on the side of the pedal. I get complete 0- to full 100% on the pedals. But here is my problem. The volume seems like it is either all the way on or all the way off. Nothing in between.
    I want to use the volume pedal maybe 85% on and if I need a small volume increase I can kick it to a 100%. Like if I want to solo a bit.
    Is anyone using it like this? Or should I set up a boast in the patch instead. The way it is, is kind of useless to me.
    I should mention I am using the XLR out into a full range PA. I am not using the monitor out in any way.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Jamie

• Sorry, should have mention that. Yes, I am using the "exp out" TRS to TRS cables on each.
    It all works. Just seems like they're is no "in between" volume. Either all the way on or off.

• I had this too but it appeared to be my noise gate stomp box.
    It would allow any sound to pass untill the configured level.

But I also understand your problem is de soundlevel doesn't react linear to the pedal momevent.
    I have the same experience with the expression pedals on my FC300.

So I think there are two possible areas for research:
    1) Is is because of NR/Gate?
    2) Does the pedal you use act linear with the Kemper sound.

• Did you check the poti for minimum?

That pot in the pedal is critical. It should be set to maximum range of the pedal. If you turn the pot to the wrong end you might have limited its electrical range very much, have then calibrated the Profiler according to that very limited range, which nearly leaves no resolution between min and max. This might explain what you describe.

These pots in pedals should always be set to maximum range first. Then the pedal should be calibrated in the Profiler System Settings. If then a limitation of the range is required, the parameter Pedal Range could be used in the Rig Settings. This could even be set differently by Rig.

• Hi everyone, thanks to "Burkhard" and everyone that helped problem solved.

This is what did it.

" If then a limitation of the range is required, the parameter Pedal Range could be used in the Rig Settings. This could even be set differently by Rig.

I didn't even know these settings were there. It was set to "pre" and I thought to myself when I moved the volume back I could feel the gain back off.
    So in my head I thought this is not controlling the output volume or "post".
    I only knew about the settings in the profiler system settings.

So to all thank you once again.

Jamie