[SOLVED] What relations between volume level, their controls and outputs (powered Kemper)?

• Hi,

I know this has been discussed a lot but not exactly my question so I'll give it a try here.
    I'm using the Kemper (Powerrack!) on a regular guitar cab (ENGL 4x12 Pro) connected through the speaker output (with CAB emulation off).
    If available I'd like to offer FOH signal too connected to the Main Output (with CAB emulation on).

With regards to the Master Volume (upper control) and regular Volume (lower control right from the display) what I understood from the manual and this forum is:
    - The regular Volume controls the overal volume of a rig in browser or performace mode and is saved with the rig.
    This volume can be used to level the volume between rigs.
    - The Master Volume is the total volume of the entire device. If you crank it up all rigs will be cranked up to say so.

Question 1:
    Is the above correct? Do I understand this correctly?

Question 2:
    Let's say at a gig I'm using my cab on the speaker out (CAB emu off) and instead of mics offer the Main Output (with CAB emu on) to the PA.
    If duing the gig I want to change my total volume on the cab to a level I like I need to use the Master Volume because I want to control the total volume that affects all rigs.
    The problem with this is that this also will affect the FOH volume on the Main Outputs causing stress at the FOH engineers.

Is there a way to change the overall level on the CAB without affecting the volume level for FOH?
    It's kind of a need for freedom in stage-volume.

I hope my question is clear and I hope this is possible with the KPA.

Thanks in advance.

• If you want to use the master volume knob to control just the level of the monitor out you simply need to deactivate the volume links for the other outputs in the output menu.

Ok didn;t think fof that. Good call.

But how is the master volume controlled then for FOH (Main Output)?
    That has no volume control linked anymore in that case. Or is there a soft-volume control available in the menu?