Hello from Silicon Valley

• Hey, team!

Been lurking here for a while, but since the Sweetwater ship landed today I'm now in a position to actually post. I'm clearing the calendar for next week just to get in bed with my new KPA, hot dang.

I've been at this amp-modeling thing for a while; back in the late 90's I co-wrote (with one of the Line6 guys) what was possibly the first commercial native DAW amp sim plugin, "Amp Sim" for Cakewalk. How things have changed! It's a great time to be alive for recording guitarists, and I still try to keep on top of all the AES papers 'n patents. I still have my original Flextone, which was my favorite piece of gear for many years. An ENGL e-570 pre with a Palmer sits on my desk and that's what I've been using of late but maybe it can be retired too. So, y'all know what I'm going to be profiling first there.

I'm greatly looking forward to being an early adopter here, and hope that Kemper stays in business for years to come.

Pro tip: Start selling your boutique gear on eBay now before the word gets out. Then in a couple years, buy it back after the bottom falls out of the market 8)

-djh

• Awesome stuff. Welcome to the forum, I'm up in Santa Rosa. We should think about getting a Bay Area Kemper User Group together (that's the normal thing us Bay Area and Silicon Valley folk do isn't it?).

• Awesome stuff. Welcome to the forum, I'm up in Santa Rosa. We should think about getting a Bay Area Kemper User Group together (that's the normal thing us Bay Area and Silicon Valley folk do isn't it?).

I'm up for that. We could start something on Meetup.com if there's enough turnout. Send me an email Per, and maybe we can, err, meet up.

-djh