Commercial Merged Profiles

• Guys , lately I've been thinking of replacing my mBritt profiles with other ones , merged profiles. I do have topjimi SS and really like these. Topjimi has included merged versions and they actually sound more alive then the mbritt ones thru guitarcabs.

So my hunt for new merged profiles is on : been looking at topjimi's engl , peavey an soldano ones as well as the orange slightly lower gain ...

Any reviews on these ? other not to expesive big packs ? guidorist ?

thanks

Raf

ps : looking for higher gain type of stuff (maiden , metallica)

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I wish I liked TJ profiles... I've bought a few and they always sound really bright through my guitar cabs, though to be fair I find the same thing with many other merged profiles I've used (I prefer darker tones, obviously.)

I had some pretty good luck with choptones, if I recall, but I haven't really tried Tonehammer much. I have some of their profiles I bought a long time ago but didn't try them yet so I'll give those a whirl.

• Tried some tonehammer stuff last night to see if I like it, and so far I think they are my personal favorites from a commercial seller.

Admittedly, they seem to be geared more towards the heavy rock/metal players, so they aren't going to satisfy all tastes or needs, but at a quick run through of the ones I have they sounded fantastic through my cab - haven't played them FRFR yet, but there are multiple cab/mic combinations on many so there should be an option that will work.