Testing some different acoustic profiles/IRs with the Kemper

• I'm trying to determine which acoustic profiles I like the best and learn how to use my Kemper. I've only had it a few weeks, so I still have a lot to learn.

I recorded a basic riff using several free and paid profiles, as well as an acoustic IR. This isn't a scientific test, as I don't have a way to reamp an identical track.

-----------------------------
    BIG DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to endorse or dissuade anyone from buying anything. I am absolutely certain that someone who can play well and knows how to use a Kemper can get MUCH better results than what I got with any of this. If you are the creator of any of these profiles and want the clip(s) of them removed, please send me a PM and they will be removed as soon as I get the message. If this type of post isn't appropriate for this section, please move it to and appropriate section, and if it's not appropriate, period, please delete it and let me know. I'm not trying to cause trouble -- just trying learn how to use my Kemper and hopefully get some good tips.
    -----------------------------

I did disable the reverb and modulation effects on all of these that had them. This is another reason to not judge the profiles based on this. Bert's reverb settings are amazingly good, and will make any of these sound much better. I'm also pretty sure that I'm still getting some clipping somewhere, but not nearly to the extent I was before. I don't see any red lights on the Kemper or my interface, and in Reaper, I tried to level everything to around -6 db for hard strums, but wasn't perfect with that.

If anyone has any tips or tricks for using the Kemper with an acoustic, please share. If anyone know of any other good profiles for acoustic strumming, please let me know as well.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm going to try to learn some more and try some more things, to see what improvements I can make. The most obvious thing that I took away from the test is that the improvements of the profiles over the direct signal is very noticeable, to me.

I just grabbed one of the 3 Sigma IRs out of the three packs I own, a few more highly rated RE ones, and a few of Bert's that I liked. I need to go through the rest of Bert's, since there are a lot of them provided in his acoustic pack.

In the past, I have also gotten good results out of the 3 Sigma IRs, directly in the DAW, after adding eq and a little compression, but I didn't mess around with any of that last night, so it's not really a test of the 3 Sigmas against anything else.

I really just want to quickly get a few things recorded before the really bad storms got here, so I could unplug my Kemper.