"Offline Profiling"

• Just a thought - I don't know if it's possible...

There is a 'competition' on the Fractal forum to get as close as possible to the sound of an old Fender Bassman that somebody found in a youtube video. Which made me think. If I want to profile that sound, I need to get a KPA to that guy and profile the amp right there.

Would it be technically possible to create an mp3 / wav file with the wobbling sound the KPA uses and just record the output - which can be e-mailed or ftp'd back to me and then run through my KPA?

The advantage is obvious: Not only can you profile your own amps that you can access right away, but also all the amps that your friends have - worldwide, without having to ship a KPA. Just send them the wobbling sound file - wait until you get their results back - put them into your KPA and you'd have a profile (minus the strumming part of the profiling process).

I'd be interested to hear from the Kemper team if that's technically possible.

• Ive proposed doing a similar thing to kemper live over the internet via protools.
    my answer back from Kemper was...maybe possible.
    Would be amazing if we could do this
    JJ

• The KPA will give you an error if it is not getting signal back from the reference amp during profiling. So, you would need to split the profiling signal to a DAW to capture it. Record it and save as a wave. Then send to the friend. Have him play the wave into the amp and record the mic output back into the DAW. Send the output wave back to you. Then, start a profile process, but have your DAW send the output file into the KPA so it thinks it's receiving the output from the real reference amp. No ability to refine though, so that might have to be done manually (guessed based upon listening to mp3s of the real amp)

• Sounds like a jolly good idea to me. I think it could work just fine, if the kemper dropped down a single loud "click" at the beginning then you could record the result, jam it on the usb thumbdrive and the KPA would be able to work out how to line up the results. To allow refining the KPA would have to add another click marker so it could find and align up the refining notes you play with the result on the amp. You'd need both the original source file and the re-amped file though for it to work.