Who makes your favorite Brown Eye profile?

• I was playing my Kemper yesterday, flicking through my favorites list. I'd come across a profile thst just sounded great.. like TJs caswell Marshall, TAFs modded JCM800... and I'd jam on I for a bit. I have mattfigs BE pack broken up into several performances (5 favorite "plexi" profiles... 5 favorite JCM...BE..HBE... etc...
    So I'd be in browse mode rocking out, totally satisfied with m sound and I'd flip the dial to performance mode, landing on one of matts profiles. it would be like night and day. no matter what sound I was getting, as soon as I switch the dial I get the thickness, texture and warm sweetness of Matts BE100. the absolute perfect balance of warmth and bite. my dream tone

• Well, I already ordered your BE100 Pack last week. So, I will give up my spot for the next person to reply. :):thumbup:

Kind of you sir! Thank you and I sincerely hope you are digging the BE100....

I already own it, but giving away free packs is a good way to make new fans =)

Thanks Patrick! You have been a great supporter! :)

I'm not sure if that makes me next, however that offer would be much appreciated and put to good use!

Yes it does! I started a conversation to get your email....Looking forward to hearing what you think!

I was playing my Kemper yesterday, flicking through my favorites list. I'd come across a profile thst just sounded great.. like TJs caswell Marshall, TAFs modded JCM800... and I'd jam on I for a bit. I have mattfigs BE pack broken up into several performances (5 favorite "plexi" profiles... 5 favorite JCM...BE..HBE... etc...
    So I'd be in browse mode rocking out, totally satisfied with m sound and I'd flip the dial to performance mode, landing on one of matts profiles. it would be like night and day. no matter what sound I was getting, as soon as I switch the dial I get the thickness, texture and warm sweetness of Matts BE100. the absolute perfect balance of warmth and bite. my dream tone

Man that is wonderful to hear! Makes it all worthwhile dude! Thanks!

• If it's a marshall style amp (what the BE100 is.. except hot rodded) you want, but a different flavor.. try Mattfigs Marshall+ pack too.
    This guy just knows what he's doing. perfect profiles with none of that high end fizz. the JCM800 V30 from this pack blows my mind.

• In my case, Bert Meulendijk takes the cake as far as the BE100 profiles go. He's got it profiled through and through, merged/studio with all the switches and ranges of gain. Killing tone.

• Hi Matt thank you very much for the profiles BE profiles. I just loaded them and I am blown away. There is a weightiness to them that feel like real real tube compression. I tested them with a PRS with P90's and active Yorkville cabs. My 2 favourite so far are B100 HG HBE for leads and B100 LG HBE for an in your face rhythm. They sound great dialled in flat as soon as I loaded them up. They will replace my dirty rhythm and lead slots on my performance for one of my bands. My next goal is to load up the BE 100 Clean Chime Fat and add some delicious delays and a touch of verb. I can't wait to try therm with my band!
    I would definitely recommend giving them a try!

• Hi Matt thank you very much for the profiles BE profiles. I just loaded them and I am blown away. There is a weightiness to them that feel like real real tube compression. I tested them with a PRS with P90's and active Yorkville cabs. My 2 favourite so far are B100 HG HBE for leads and B100 LG HBE for an in your face rhythm. They sound great dialled in flat as soon as I loaded them up. They will replace my dirty rhythm and lead slots on my performance for one of my bands. My next goal is to load up the BE 100 Clean Chime Fat and add some delicious delays and a touch of verb. I can't wait to try therm with my band!
    I would definitely recommend giving them a try!

weightiness... that's the word that best describes the feel of his profiles. there's no wimpiness at all. just a chewy weightiness.

• Even sloppier playing and timing than normal, because I just learned part of this.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I didn't have long to play, so I'm sure there are closer matches for the actual tone in every one of these packs -- especially with Cili and SinMix, where I only had one sample to use. I wasn't picking hard enough at the very beginning of the Live Ready one, either, but that's my fault, not his profile's.

This isn't to say which one is best, but rather to show that every one of these guys has killer profiles!

• I just purchased Cililab's Mr. Fredman.

To let you know where I'm coming from...
    I primarily use single coil pickups and hang out in the clean, breakup, and crunchy classic rock area.
    My cover band's most rockin' tunes would be Buck Cherry, AC/DC, and Bon Jovi.
    I do like to revisit the 80s every now and then and get out the Les Paul or Wolfgang.
    My idea of metal is Iron Maiden, UFO, Judas Priest, Whitesnake, Dokken, Ratt, etc.;
    the stuff I grew up with.

These sound really great. Out of the box, most profiles have gain set for lead playing; way too much for classic rock rhythm. But, easily fixed by turning down the gain knob. I've found it's better to take a high gain profile and reduce gain on the KPA rather than take a low gain profile and increase the gain knob. Sounds more natural to me.

For example, with a Les Paul containing Dimarzio 36th Anniversary PAFs, I would take the Meaty... profile and reduce the gain from 6 to 4.......or the Rain Fire profile and reduce it from 4.9 to 3.6 and this would work great for rhythm for Bad Company's Feel Like Makin' Love

The EVH Plexi and Whitesnake profiles are really good.
    I could take the Plexi profile (gain reduced) and make it work for ZZ Top or David Grissom's stuff.

I don't use a guitar cabinet; I'm all FRFR. Most profiles have a lot of high end and I'm guessing this would sound best through a power amp and 4x12. But with minimal EQ or a reduction in the Definition control this works for FRFR.

I'm not familiar with the newer metal stuff (everything post Metallica), so I don't know how this pack would sound for those bands. I've never down tuned in my life. :D

Many of the profiles sound similar, but that's how I feel about almost any profile once the gain goes past the 12 O'Clock position.

A worthy purchase. Recommended. :thumbup:

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• Thanks @HCarlH for an honest review! Really glad you like the pack!

And just to be clear, I didn't pay or give a free pack! But usually I pay around 1000 000€ for something like this.

Cheers!