EQ Matching "Offloading"?

• Hi,

it's very early in the morning here and I can't sleep.

Is there are practical way of taking say a Marshall profile and a recorded tone and eq matching them in a DAW and then dropping the EQ matched frequency output into the Kemper? Yesterday I cracked the Van Halen I tone by EQ matching it with a stem file in my DAW and would like to use the EQ in my Kemper.

Thanks!

• I think there is no way. Its early in the morning here too :)

The only idea is to read out the freq and adapt them to the studio eq of the kpa, but i dont know if it works similar to the daw eq.

Cool that you cracked the evh I tone, i like it very much too.

• Thanks!

Kinda figured it wouldn't be possible. I guess VH1 is a "studio" tone anyway. Now I just need to learn how to play like Eddie!

Here's what I did in case anyone is interested: Basically I took some Rock Star stems off youtube that captured what I hear in the VH1 tone. In my DAW I added a Kemper audio track and recorded the beginning of You Really Got Me. Then I EQ matched with the original YRGM stem and adjusted to taste. Voila, near perfect VH1 tone. I say near because I was using my Les Paul. It's the closest I've ever gotten.

• To me it is totally possible, fastidious but totally possible, as I already did it.

As in the tonematching youtube video made by Clark Kent.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The key is taking a Marshall Direct amp profile and record only the amp part (no cab).

Tonematch with Ozone from the original Van Halen Isolated track. You have to play exactly the same thing than the Van Halen part.

You will have your eq match in Ozone (16384 band eq IIRC).

Then transform your Eq match in IR (44.1khz). Voxengo Deconvolver software can make it IIRC.

Then tranform your IR into a Kemper cab via Cabmaker. Add the new cab to the the same Direct amp profile you add.

Voila

• I jumped into the rabbit hole of EQ IR tone matching with my Atomic Amplifire. I was tone matching everything. Just a heads up regarding IR tone matching. More times than not, your tone matching a guitar part that has been EQ'd to fit into the song. That sound may sound harsh when played without the backing track. You might want to add another track with some low end to your EQ to try and offset the harshness.