Radio station profiling

• Love the Kemper. However, I live in an area (or have something funky with my electricity) where when using microphones, I pick up the local AM station. Sometimes really loud. Well, when I model amps with the Kemper that are very loud or distorted, the AM station is loud enough that you can hear it in another room.

I'm guessing this isn't best for amp profiling, but it seems to work ok so far. Any tips or comments on how I can possibly rectify this? If I do the ground lift for the mic cable, I get a hum/buzz that is level, which I figured would be worse than the radio station - at least the radio station varies constantly.

Here's a clip I did, using profiles I took of my 101B Bogner 1/2 stack... it sounded like the 'real thing' but the real thing also had KRMG radio out of it.

http://soundcloud.com/okstrat/bogner-blue-and-red

• Sounds pretty cool. About the Radio Stations... I am not sure how to block AM stations but should make sure that you use high quality cables. I had problems with Radio stations too until i changed to good cables like the Sommer Spirit XXL, which makes a huge difference in signal/noise ratio and the guitar tone itself.

For Profiling you could try to "shield" your setup with several layers of aluminium foil. Does not cost much if it fails to do its job.

• Perhaps you can try to unplug your guitar for profiling.
    I had the same issues with my ENGL, but only with one guitar, so I unplugged it and couldn't listen to Radio Vatikan ( :D ) anymore.
    Maybe we're obsessed with the devil 8|

• It would be interesting if the profile will receive the radio station too in real time?

:D

Nah, just check it out. I once tried profiling with some heavy delay and actually it worked quite well... dunno why :D Funny thing is that the noise on the profile had a delay on it :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Btw, did anyone of you ever capture speech with KPA? I hab a friend at my home and why we had a nice session, profiling his recto. He was so amused by the KPA test Tones that he simply kept talking while the profiling was in progress. After the profiling was done, we recognized that were was some ghost in the room softly repating the same phrase again and again :wacko:

Funny thing that the KPA had captured my friends voice over the condenser mic which ran in some kind of loop. Why didnt i save this???