4x10 cabinets for guitar amps..

• Am I completely nuts or maybe blind;

There is nothing out there.Ofcourse some used stuff on ebay/reverb etc (ofcourse almost no 1965s) but not even orange does them anymore;What has happend to their PPCs 410;Thomann has not even one 4x10 cab listed;At least not for guitar..

• I have no problem with cars getting bigger.I dont like that they look all the same now..it is like just one SUV out there..and I mean everywhere.. :/

But lets talk about cabs.It is a drama.I made a search yesterday evening and "all is gone".. ;(

Mesa has a 4x10 in their programme (great to see this) but other than that there are only a very few cabinet makers like Zilla who offer closed 4x10 cabs for guitar amps..but you have to order them..

One further (and not to small) piece of historic rock guitar sound is going down the drain.I know there are many 4x10 combos still out there but their share is also shrinking from what I can see (seeing thomann,sweetwater etc )..it is all about 1x & 2x12..

Dont get me wrong I love 4x12 and also 2x12 (1x12 not so much) in all closed and half/open variations but a closed 4x10 has a special sound for blues/rock/hardrock you cant have with a 4x12.I definetly miss my 1965B I played (with my Steavens Poundcake!) for 20 years..I should have bought it from the owner when he offered it me once many years back some time in the 90s.This little cab was the most important part of my rythem sound from the late 80s on ...well..one day my buddy came and took it back.`still rejects to sell it to me.."dont know what you got untill its gone.."

:D

• Nikos , please don't get me wrong - I understand your wish very well.
    Obviously there is not a big market for it.
    Without large quantities, prices would probably rise very much and thus not produce good slander.

Custom-made products will probably always be available - but not on the mass market.

On the second-hand market maybe you can find cheap offers.

• Yes.Ebay.Reverb.I have my eyes open since a long time but every 1965A/B I see on the second hand market is from oversea.Transportation (cost) is a big obstacle in these cases.