Rocktron Midi Raider - Cool

• Really interesting.
    Is it new ?
    Can you find it in Europe ?

Just presented at NAMM, the first ones are hitting Internet stores in US now, prolly a couple of weeks more for EU. I'll give a shot at Thomann tomorrow morning

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Seems like a larger version of the Midi Mate. Let us know how it works out. I was considering getting that one, too.

• Wow April? Thats a long wait. Is it because you are overseas? Im having a slight issue with mine, that I havent been able to figure out yet. Its not a big deal, but a little frustrating. I know its a setting I just dont have right yet, but I cant get the IA's to follow the Kemper stomps when switching presets. i have IA's set to global. In other words, when I switch to a preset, none of the midi raider's IA's "light" up even when a stored preset has an active stomp. If I press the switch, the stomp goes off (like its suppose to), then when I turn it back on, the IA DOES light up. Id like to have it reflect what the KEmper state is. Also, when I unplugged it for the first time yesterday, and plugged it back in, all of my presets were gone. It switched to 15 bank mode, instead of what I had it set to (5 bank mode). So, its definitely user error. I just need to figure it out. Maybe I can get it all work out by April lol. Otherwise YOU may be helping ME lol!

These issues come with putting together a whole new rig. I have to learn the Kemper, the Midi Raider, The RCF NX10, the Mission SP2, etc. Ill get it all straight....eventually!

• Wow April? Thats a long wait. Is it because you are overseas? Im having a slight issue with mine, that I havent been able to figure out yet. Its not a big deal, but a little frustrating. I know its a setting I just dont have right yet, but I cant get the IA's to follow the Kemper stomps when switching presets. i have IA's set to global. In other words, when I switch to a preset, none of the midi raider's IA's "light" up even when a stored preset has an active stomp. If I press the switch, the stomp goes off (like its suppose to), then when I turn it back on, the IA DOES light up. Id like to have it reflect what the KEmper state is. Also, when I unplugged it for the first time yesterday, and plugged it back in, all of my presets were gone. It switched to 15 bank mode, instead of what I had it set to (5 bank mode). So, its definitely user error. I just need to figure it out. Maybe I can get it all work out by April lol. Otherwise YOU may be helping ME lol!

These issues come with putting together a whole new rig. I have to learn the Kemper, the Midi Raider, The RCF NX10, the Mission SP2, etc. Ill get it all straight....eventually!

Hi,

I spoke to the Rocktron guys at NAMM. This is basically the All Access in a new and less expensive casing.

It is NOT a two way communication device. It will not reflect the state of the KPA. You can, however, quite easily set each preset to reflect the state of the KPA.

1. Make sure you have the MIDI CC number on the Raider set to match the stomps and the fx on the KPA

2. Select the preset on the Raider

3. Look at the KPA and see what fx and stomp buttons are active

4. Step on the Raider switches that corresponds to the active effect so the LEDs light up.

5. Step on the Raider 2nd switch (top left)

6. Step on the STore switch (top right)

7. Done

8. Repeat for each preset

It can be sort of tedious but once it's done, you're set.

Happy playing!

Mats N

• Hi Jeff,

You're welcome! Happy to help a fellow Happy Kemper. :)

I do, however, think you are mistaken about the RCF NX10 as I have never gigged with one.
    I did try a pair of RCF (can't remember model name) at a rehearsal once that worked OK.

Cheers,

Mats N

• It is NOT a two way communication device. It will not reflect the state of the KPA. You can, however, quite easily set each preset to reflect the state of the KPA.

5. Step on the Raider 2nd switch (top left)
    Step on the STore switch (top right)

Hey Mats,

I'm Wiki'ng this for a more generalized use. Would you mind explaining how to generalize points 5 and 6?