Kemper with Voodoo Lab GCP

• I know this topic has probably been beaten into ground but I am struggling to get my Ground Control Pro to communicate with my Kemper. I am not very advanced with MIDI and could really use some help. I feel like I am doing everything correctly and have the settings correct but I am not getting any sort of communication. All of the forum posts I have seen on this subject are very outdated and using old firmware of the Kemper so menus have changed and such. Any guidance would be appreciated.

• I use a GCP, can help you.
    First, make sure you are connected from midi out on GCP to midi in on Kemper. Set Kemper to midi channel one and GCP to channel 1.
    What mode do you want to run the GCP in?

• Thank you for your help!

I'd like to run it in 10 preset mode I think, but at this point I really just want to get it working. I did notice that the firmware version of the GCP is an old version (v 1.02) and am wondering if that could be the issue as well. I bought the GCP a number of years ago used. None of the forum posts I've read mention that being a problem unless you're using the Instant Access, which I don't really plan on using.

• The GCP is ready to go right out of the box if you want to stay in 10 preset mode. Just set the GCP to midi channel 1 and the Kemper (system menu midi channel will be set to omni) to midi channel 1 ( for ease of use). Then what you need to do is set the GCP to start at zero for patches ( or you will recall one patch higher than expected). Last step is to assign your profiles in the Kemper a midi number (1-127) each one different from each other. While in browse mode and playing profiles, Find a profile that you would like to assign to a midi number.

To do so, first select the Rig you want to assign a program change number to and then press the SYSTEM button.Navigate to “Browse Mode PrgChg” page using the right page button, select a desired Program Change using thesoft knob by turning and assign a midi program number from 1-127 labeled “MIDI PrgChg#” and then press the soft button labeled “Assign” to assign it to that midi number for that profile.

Using the GCP in 4 button/instant access mode will give you the most out of the Kemper and GCP, as you can toggle on and off effects as well as morph.

But give the 10 preset way a go to get started.

Edited 2 times, last by drog ().

• Ok, thank you! I got the kemper to respond to the GCP in 10 Preset Mode, however, when I hit the first preset it goes to PrgChg# 51 and goes up from there. Not a problem really, just curious as to why it wouldn't start at 1? If I did want to use the 4preset mode, what is the trick with that?