Noiseless pickups and regular pickups combined

• In the video you linked at that level of gain and well above, I don't think that noiseless are really needed for single coil. Proper grounding and conductive shielding paint might be all that's needed. Based on the sound, they all sound in the same ball park, however the SD had a little more snap and definition. I think more importantly is the way the individual player feels the response of the pickups so what sounds great in someone else's hand, can feel not as responsive to be enjoyable in quite a few situations, however if they sound good, after a short period the player can adjust to the feel.

I agree with you.
    My problems arrive when i have high gain sounds where the difference in tone is less of a concern. I switch between these clean sounds where the character of the pickup shines through.
    The shielding is all in place. If the pickup sounds nice when its clean then its dirty/gain tone isnt really a problem, only the squealing when i am in the proximity of a FOH pa cab that spills its EMF in all directions.