TC Electronic MIMQ Doubler in Stereo FX Loop sounds weak?

• Greetings! I'm trying out the TC Electronic MIMIQ doubler. It's firmware has been updated.

In the Stereo FX Loop post-amp. Two powered cabinets, so stereo is in effect.

When engaged, it sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to be doing, however, no matter how much I tweak the pedal, the output volume is decreased by at least 10db. SFX Loop Mix is at 100%. Anybody else have any luck with this pedal? I've read around on this forum quite a bit with good/bad reviews, but nothing that mentions this phenomenon.

Thank you.

• How is it hooked up exactly, did you check this thread???
    TC electronic mimiq doubler
    Mine does not go through the kemper FX loop , i have the Ditto X 4 there
    Maybe thats the problem? Try going direct out to both cabs like i have
    Hang on your using 2 cabs and one kemper??

dood help me out here
    ONE KEMPER->TWO CABS?(WTF)
    TC into one of the kemper FX loops???

am i reading that right ???

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 3 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Yo, @ashtweth !

Thanks for the reply.

Two powered speakers, yes. My setup is XLR out R to one powered speaker, XLR L to the other.

KPA Direct Output/Send to input of MIMIQ, Output of MIMIQ into KPA Alternative Input.

It's working, but it's just a very chorus-y effect. Very similar to the sound example in your pasted thread. But the level is at least 10 db less than if I disengage the FX Loop and don't use the pedal at all.

I could totally be wiring this incorrectly, but it's the same wiring method I use for my Line 6 M5, which works flawlessly.

Thoughts? Thanks for the discussion.

• Remember to tweak the tightness/dry/effect knobs and experiment with the amount of guitars (one is a good boost) to be fair on the pedal it is really designed for 2 amps (i use it with TWO kempers) The settings in that thread i posted got me less of a chorus effct and just a fatter sound, but again i was not using one kemper and or running it in the effects loop, (i use the Ditto looper there) It will come alive with high gain/Rock , not so much with clean rigs.

@almcmanus
    two things i can suggest is too run it not in the FX loop to see if there is a volume drop
    this is how i run it . just use the OUTPUT of the pedal back into the input of the kemper
    i run ab ABY box into the pedal ..the out puts go into the input of the kemper (s)

I was looking for volume setting in the manual for FX loops , but you probably have already checked all these
    some thing strange is going on, as if its hooked up the same as the guys with one kemper in the other thread should not be doing it, but if its working okay on line 6 then Duh, nothing wrong wit the pedal, are all your output settings etc plus slot X /fx loop checked?

[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kg3nfa13hxx4nh/KEMPER%20mimiq.JPG?dl=1]

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Do you have your main Kemper output settings set to Master Stereo?