Posts by almcmanus

After googling "pedantic".... thank you for the input. Hahaha. Yes, I am looking for a speaker that helps the KPA shine, but also a speaker that works well for the other elements of the band. I'm trying to find a good option to handle both.

The Kabinet is an absolute godsend for the stage. Loving it so far.

And.... correction... I'm using the Mackie SRM550's and they are undoubtedly awful in handling the KPA, IMO (acronyms everywhere).

Certainly this has been asked 1m times, but I can seem to find suggestions.

Currently running Behringer SRM 550’s at FOH and they actually are as horrible as you’d think. I get great tones from my Kabinet for stage, but need a good all-in-one solution for FOH. A powered speaker that’s good for KPA and vocals, electronic drums and bass guitar. (Self contained cover band.). I have decent subwoofers already.

Love you, mean it!!

Greetings. I'm going down the Ableton programming rabbit hole, and before I get too far...

It looks like it's pretty straightforward as far as telling Ableton the MIDI prg # and the Bank #, however... If I rearrange the performance order for different sets using Rig Manager, will the Prg # and Bank #'s stay the same?? Or will I need to go in and re-program the Ableton project? I think I know the answer!! 8o

Thank you!

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Looking to play drums on my iPhone and have them added to a loop.

I can get signal via the KPA ALT input or RETURN input without issue, but can't seem to figure out how to get the signal to the LOOPER.

THANK YOU!

The Aux In signal is fed into the outputs post the Looper (even if Looper Location Post is selected). Most users wouldn't want their play along music nor their band's monitor mix included in their loop track.

Instead of Aux In you could try to use an effect loop e. g. Loop Mono or Loop Stereo e. g. in Module X. Your drumpad would still be connected to the Profiler Return (mono) or Return plus Alternative In. You would control the mix via the effect loop's Mix parameter. Disadvantage: Your drumpad runs through MOD, DLY, and REV Module. You could place the effect loop in the DLY Module. In that case the drumpad runs only through the REV module. This is a workaround, not more.

Can this be accomplished by using this??:

Yo, Greetriman! Any resolution to this? I can get the audio to come out of my iPhone (my drum machine) through the Kemper and it's audible, but still haven't figured out how to have it hit the looper. Currently I have it in the DELAY slot. Thanks!

Greetings lady and gentlemen,

I've maxed out on the 24 presets available on my Line6 M5 and am considering buying another. The unit is just so simple and does exactly what I need it to do; such a great pedal! Currently I'm changing presets via MIDI from the KPA to the M5. If I get another M5, how does one recommend I run that so that I can utilize the additional 24 presets on the 2nd M5?

In other words, more is more.

In more other words, will the KPA recognize that it's a new unit and I tell the KPA that there are two units?

In even more other words, do I run MIDI out of KPA to the THRU on the 1st M5 to the IN on the 2nd?

So many questions, so little literacy.

Thanks for any assist!

Yo, @ashtweth !

Thanks for the reply.

Two powered speakers, yes. My setup is XLR out R to one powered speaker, XLR L to the other.

KPA Direct Output/Send to input of MIMIQ, Output of MIMIQ into KPA Alternative Input.

It's working, but it's just a very chorus-y effect. Very similar to the sound example in your pasted thread. But the level is at least 10 db less than if I disengage the FX Loop and don't use the pedal at all.

I could totally be wiring this incorrectly, but it's the same wiring method I use for my Line 6 M5, which works flawlessly.

Thoughts? Thanks for the discussion.

Greetings! I'm trying out the TC Electronic MIMIQ doubler. It's firmware has been updated.

In the Stereo FX Loop post-amp. Two powered cabinets, so stereo is in effect.

When engaged, it sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to be doing, however, no matter how much I tweak the pedal, the output volume is decreased by at least 10db. SFX Loop Mix is at 100%. Anybody else have any luck with this pedal? I've read around on this forum quite a bit with good/bad reviews, but nothing that mentions this phenomenon.

Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this bug.
    It is caused by running two pitch shift algorithms in series.
    Our developers are already working on a fix.

Great soundexample BTW!

One more thing, @hjscheffler

Also occurs whilst using two pitch effects. In this example, PPTC and harmonizer. Thanks for listening!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Check the system settings for the remote and make sure pedal input isnt set to the same pedal setting. Try moving the cable to a different slot on the foot controller too. Also try plugging the pedal to the back of the kemper instead of the foot controller to rule that out

Hey Spaz... tried both. The pedal was already plugged in to the back of the KPA, but I did try the other inputs on the remote with only a slight change in the result... that it got weirder and worse! Haha... !

I posted this in the general forum by accident. Sorry for the double-up!

====

Greetings, all! I'm back with a brand new invention! Something grabs ahold of me tightly, etc.

Anybody have any insight on this? I've tested all three cables, I've restored the KPA to factory and re-installed. I'm running current OS and firmware. Was working flawlessly on Sunday... then just started this nonsense the next night out of nowhere. I've reached out to Mission and they're thinking it's the setup or cabling... and they may be right, but I don't think so. Here the video:

youtube.com/watch?v=_6oy8WvY5-c&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for any assist!