Lost my profiles, Mbritt Sweet 16 any good?

• Yes, my kemper got an error message when I tried to update to the latest firmware. I was in contact with support and we tried a few sollutions but ended up with that I hade to reset my kemper.
    So I lost most of my profiles. I still have backup of a bunch but not all.

Anyway! I thought about buying some new profiles and was hoping for some opinion on the Mbritt sweet 16 pack? Is it a good pack to cover everything from clean to distortion? It´s for a top 40 band. I´ve hade several of his packs before but read somewhere that the sweet 16 pack is a little more open/brigher than the others. Is that true? His packs sound great but can be kinda dark.

• I too play in a top 40 band, direct in foth, my monitor is an alto 210. The Mbritt sweet 16 is what I use, along with Bert M profiles. If you use a strat, I would recommend you Bert's profiles, very usable as is. With Mbritt, I use an eq with a cut at 650hz, tame a lot of the 'dark' thing. With high pass and low pass cut, in both cases.

• Hi ,

I have all his packs - and Yes the Sweet sixteen sounds a bit more open and covers all of the needs you have being in a top 40 band

First thing I do (playing a strat with a quarter pounder in bridge) before I touch anything is place the EQ " rythm" setting in the X slot from effects in the kemper - this does the trick for me a lot of the time with many darker sounding

profiles.

Hope this helps !

cheers

• This is pretty much what I do too with X slot, low cut at 100, high cut at 6000 more or less, boost around 2500. And a cut around 650-670 for mbritt profiles specifically.
    It does the trick for me at least.

• So I bought the profiles and tried them yesterday. They sound great! Very happy with them so far.
    I did some a/b testing with some of my older favourite mbritt profiles like the friedman and to me they sound better mixed. I think the added clarity is that they are not as fat in the lows, low-mids.

The deluxe sound great! And the Egnater was a surprise to me. What a great distortion! Very versatile and feels great.