Whitesnake ,,Sailing ship"

• Hey Mire, check this out:

Create a cool solo vai sound with delay and reverb. Use a little compression in front of the amp.
    Than put the harmonic pitch fx in slot MOD.

Settings:

Set Pure Tuning in the upper checkbox

Voice 1 Interval: User scale 2
    Voice2 Interval: Unison

Key for sailing ship is F/Dm, so set it to this key but ry to play the A minor scale when jamming to the track and you get a feel for it.
    Steve plays very tricky and he uses different harmonics so its difficult to play the whole part in the key of Dm. Therefore you have to experiment a little.

Next page: Voice balance: 0
    Mix: 0 ( you can also check out a higher parameter like +30%)
    Stereo: 90°

Next Page:

Ducking: -0.0

Volume + 0,5 (if needed)

I used a carvin profile with gain at 7,6 for it and it works great.

Cheers
    Frank

• Years ago I did this song with a student..dont have a guitar with me right now but as far as I remember this song changes in most of its parts from the minor (aeolian) to the dorian mode..so from 2-3/5-6 with the first chords to 2-3/6-7 with the last chords.Frank is right..this would make Dm to a Am(for D-dorian) scale BUT!! played in the key of D.As far as I remember the song changes than(starting in the key of Am to the keys of Dm (bridge;) and Em(chorus)..not 100% sure though.have to look into this again.

In the case I remember correctly (and it is all about aeolian/dorian)you have to play the following scales for "turning" the minor scales into dorian in the keys A,D & E

Em scale for A-Dorian
    Am scale for D-Dorian
    Bm scale for E-Dorian

As I said..you need to stay and "end up" in the right key..which is A in the verse and D/E for bridge/chorus.

Adjust the harmonizer according to the "above information" and it should sound not bad at all.. ;)

Edited once, last by Nikos ().

• Yes. I think the best way is to set 2 harmonizers. One in slot X and one different in slot mod. Both with the different key.