Question for LD MEI 1000 users

• Hello,
    I need your help for clarifying a doubt.
    I recently bought a LD Systems MEI-1000 and whenever I play my guitar through it, I get a signal noise.
    It sounds like snare drum springs and it only occurs when I pluck a string. I've tried all my guitars and everytime it's the same noise. I've tried different cables as well as a wireless instrument connection and it doesn't make any difference.
    Input pot is set in order to get 0 dB on the meter. Another strange thing is that both the transmitter pot and the headphone out of my Kemper need to be set at maximum to reach that level (0 dB). That noise is still there even if I use the Kemper’s monitor or main out. Nothing changes selecting other groups and/or channels.
    I think my unit is faulty. But before returning it I want to know if there is something I’m missing.
    Do you have any clue for me? Is this the normal behaviour of this unit?

• I have the same unit and I don't have this problem. Also I don't need to turn the monitor volume to maximum to get a good signal in the IEM transmitter. Maybe you have set your output to a different output than +4db you can verify this in the output section.
    Have you tried another signal other than the Kemper to check the unit? Maybe try to connect the unit to a mixing desk and playback some music for reference.
    The LD IEM does not sound like when you connect the headphone directly to the kemper it tends to sound harsch especially with the kemper and the headpohnes that come with the unit. On the good side is that the connection is very stable I tend to have no drops in the signal.

• Not sure if this is because of the particular model or if this is a general problem with IEMs + KPA. A workaround seems to use the KPA headphone out + AUX In from the desk.

• I run my XLR outputs to the FOH mixer and the 1/4" output jacks go to my personal mixer (which also receives click track and my vocals), then to a MEI 100. Whilst it's not identical to the MEI 1000, it's very similar. I make sure the input and outputs signals in the personal mixer is strong without clipping, the gain controls at the MEI 100 are then set to just below clipping.

The volume on the MEI receiver is usually less than 50% and I get practically zero hiss even listening in isolation.

• I have the LD mei 1000 with 3 driver ( westone WM30) and have no problems. I run it from the FOH desk via the AUX in mono.

Why are you running it from the headphone output?? Not sure the impedance would be right ( headphone level vs line level etc.)

• My point is why are you taking a direct output from the KPA ?? Not sure if this will ever work as neither unit is designed to work like that, in the same way you can't plug a mike direct in to the LD and get good results. If you do, you might need a DI box ( impednences bit that I confess I know nothing about)...

So, have you gone through a desk ? If its not working through that then the unit is faulty