SSS wiring with bridge pickup engaged additionaly

• Hi,

Can anybody point me to some wiring schematics with regular SSS 5 way switch + 2 way toggle switch which engages bridge pickup? I had this once in Mexican Deluxe Strat and besides regular 5 positions I had bridge-neck tele like setting and all 3 pickups. I've seen wiring with one push-pull pot, but I prefer toggle switch.

Thanks.

• Hi,

Can anybody point me to some wiring schematics with regular SSS 5 way switch + 2 way toggle switch which engages bridge pickup? I had this once in Mexican Deluxe Strat and besides regular 5 positions I had bridge-neck tele like setting and all 3 pickups. I've seen wiring with one push-pull pot, but I prefer toggle switch.

Thanks.

Hi, you can also check out the strat "blender knob" wiring. It does the neck + bridge (and way more) and doesn't need toggle switch. You basically just have one master tone and the other knob is to blend one pickup into the other pickup selected.

• Hi,

Thanks.

I have that switch on several guitars. It's dead simple. just run two wires from the pickup selector switch, one from the neck and one from the bridge to the toggle switch. I use a SPDT switch which has three connectors so use the centre and one outer. Otherwise a simple SPST switch which only has two terminals.
    If you search for G&L S500 or Comanche, you'll find a schematic that shows the toggle.
    Here's one http://www.tdpri.com/threads/pickguard-wiring-help.283452/

Just be aware that G&L uses a special tone circuit, so don't let this confuse you when you see it. The switch is the same as what you want.

• You should own a Tom Anderson with Switcheroo system! I love it i can turn all picups serial or paralell or off. i also have a switch to only engage full bridge bridge pickup! I can run neckpickup in paralell turn off middlepickup and full HB and make my strat sound like a Les Paul, And two flips later it can sound quacky as nr. 4 position on a standard 5way selector.. at any time i can override my settings to get the full bridge pickup with the blower switch!