Rigs Sound Different in Performance Mode

• I’ve setup a new performance and tried browsing via the profiles and copy/pasting via Rig Manager several rigs. I’ve listened to each rig in Browse mode and they sound great. When I got to Performance mode and browse the same rig or copy/paste via RM it sounds totally different. Any ideas what I’m missing?

• Also try doing it directly on the unit without using RM. Performance management on RM is hit or miss for me and more often than not I end up with the default crunch sound where I don't expect it.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I’ll check both of these things. It does seem like the default Crunch Rig is sounding when it clearly says the name of whatever rig I copied. I’ve re-read the manual a few times, but confirm the steps just using the profiler for me.

• Go to Performance mode
    • Turn Browse knob to find desired rig
    • Tweak as needed
    • Save Performance
  • Yes and by all means: don't use the remote to switch between sounds while editing performances. Use the rig buttons on the unit itself.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I’ll check both of these things. It does seem like the default Crunch Rig is sounding when it clearly says the name of whatever rig I copied. I’ve re-read the manual a few times, but confirm the steps just using the profiler for me.

• Go to Performance mode
    • Turn Browse knob to find desired rig
    • Tweak as needed
    • Save Performance

so the rig still sounds correct after you load it into the slot using the browse knob and only starts sounding different after you stored the performance? Are you using the Remote to switch to a different slot before storing the performance? As Musicmad mentioned this is a no go because it will undo all of your previous actions.

• The rig does not sound correct once I load it into the slot. Once I load it into the slot I’ve also tried saving the Performance immediately and not changing to other slots either. I’ve deleted the entire Performance and created a new one as well. I’m assuming it is a software glitch of some sort. I’ll tinker with it some more today. Ideally I’d be able to use RM to setup several of these and do the renaming and arranging much easier then go into each slot and tweak. It takes forever to name things on the Profiler. I’ll try it again today with the remote disconnected and see if that is somehow causing the saving issue as well. Thanks for the help!

• does this only happen when you use RM or also when you use the browse knob? If it happens when using RM please send a report using the feedback function in RM.
    btw you can use a USB keyboard to input slot names on the Profiler. No need to use the browse and type knobs for that.

• Let me tinker with it some more today and see what happens. I'll test it first via Rig Manager to copy and paste into a new profile and then to add a rig via browse in Performance mode on the profiler and see what happens. Before this started yesterday I did get the "corrupted rigs detected reboot and hold down the Rig button" message in RM. I did the process and restart RM as well with no further messages.

• I figured out what replicates the issue, or at least what causes it. If I'm in Performance mode on the profiler and in the performance I'm wanting to edit, such as copying the rig from slot 1 to slot 2 after I've made some tweaks to the rig in slot 1 using Rig Manager, then it freaks out the slots I paste back to the default Crunch rigs. What I have to do is change the performance bank via the remote or the rig buttons, then edit the performance I want in Rig Manager, then change back to that performance on the remote or profiler using the rig buttons. Then it'll keep the changes I made to the performance in Rig Manager. It is almost as if you can't try to edit a performance using the remote/profiler, save, then edit it in RM while it is still active on the remote/profiler. I was able to replicate this a few times.

Can I use the copy/paste buttons on the profiler in performance mode to copy a tweaked rig from slot 1 to another slot? I don't want move it from slot 1 (just yet), just duplicate the rig. I can test that on my own I guess.

• Yeah you can. It's a simple copy/paste.

If you have some reproducible error please file a bug. It's a major PITA not being able to rely on RM for performance manipulation.

• I also encounter a lot of troubles trying to configure/modify my performances with the rig manager. Finally, I gave up using the rig manager to manipulate the performances. But even when I use the Kemper to load new rigs into the slots of an already existing performance and save the performance with the "store" button on the Kemper, I realized that the rig manager still shows the former rigs in the inspector while definitly when selecting the slots I hear that the "new" rigs are loaded and not the former rigs. This looks like a software bug in the communication between the rig manager and the Kemper.

• just got my profiler stage. For me the problem was Lock mode. The rig that I was loading was different in browse mode and performance mode because of the Locks. I disabled all the locks, now they sound the same.