Powered frfr speaker

• I also tried the Alto...it was OK for a budget speaker but I wasn't blown away. Head to head with a Yamaha DXR10, it wasn't in the same class at all - but suggest you try one.

The other guitarist in our band uses 2 with his helix and gets on well with them..

• what would a 12 or 15 " speaker do differently? I play in a metal band, with no pa at rehearsal..the only way im goinf to buy a kemper, is if i can use it in alk situations., live, rehearsal, recording

• Hi Greg, if I were you, I would find a way to spend an hour or two with the powered Kemper… Try it through FRFR, try it through cabinets… Then you will know exactly what’s going on…
    You can get 1000 different recommendations on here, but It’s all subjective, until you actually plug into one and spend some time with it.
    A lot of places have a 30 day money back trial so, give it a shot!

• Just order one then, if you get it from somewhere like Sweetwater you have 30 days To return it… It’s the only way you will know, Greg…
    Oh, if you are concerned about volume, rehearsing with a drummer, you need not be concerned… It’s extremely loud…It could make your drummers ears bleed

• Maybe I was mistaken, I thought he was looking at the powered KPA and he already had a cabinet…
    Yes, you will need at least a 2×12 or a 4×12 cabinet to compete with the drummer…Or FRFR cabinet,
    What cabinet do you use presently with your amplifier Greg?

• what would a 12 or 15 " speaker do differently? I play in a metal band, with no pa at rehearsal..the only way im goinf to buy a kemper, is if i can use it in alk situations., live, rehearsal, recording

Do yourself a favor and buy the Yamaha DXR15. Not the 10, not the 12, the 15. See my profile picture? That was a festival I played with several national acts; 10,000+ people. All I used was the Kemper and the DXR15 in front of me. The 15 was so loud that I actually had to turn it DOWN in order to hear the rest of the guys in my hard rock band (and they were all in the HUGE side fill monitors that the professional sound company was using). The DXR10 can get loud too, but it can NOT handle the low end that you'll want in a metal band. It'll fart out when you try doing palm muting once you get it to a certain volume. In my opinion, the DXR10 is the best speaker for it's size and in it's class. But if you want something that can handle more low end, and push more air back at you to help resemble the feel of a 4x12 cab a LITTLE more closely, then the 15 is the way to go. And remember the most important thing, use good profiles and set your tones at gig level.

• I am new to kemper and bought a ALTO TS210 .
    I´ll get back when it arrives, and say something to the sound of it.

The 12" and 15" has a little scoop and more bass for shure.
    The 10" is more flat response from the frequency chart and the info from the internet forums.

• Do yourself a favor and buy the Yamaha DXR15. Not the 10, not the 12, the 15. See my profile picture? That was a festival I played with several national acts; 10,000+ people. All I used was the Kemper and the DXR15 in front of me. The 15 was so loud that I actually had to turn it DOWN in order to hear the rest of the guys in my hard rock band (and they were all in the HUGE side fill monitors that the professional sound company was using). The DXR10 can get loud too, but it can NOT handle the low end that you'll want in a metal band. It'll fart out when you try doing palm muting once you get it to a certain volume. In my opinion, the DXR10 is the best speaker for it's size and in it's class. But if you want something that can handle more low end, and push more air back at you to help resemble the feel of a 4x12 cab a LITTLE more closely, then the 15 is the way to go. And remember the most important thing, use good profiles and set your tones at gig level.

There are slight different things here...

To monitor yourself, you will have no problem volume wise on stage ( particularity at a festival setting) with DXR 10, the debate is around bottom end.

In a rehearsal room where your backline is the only sound competing with drums, you might need a 2 x12 or 4 x12, although I rehearse with a 1 x12 no problem, bags of volume left.

Sound wise its personal taste. I found 12" monitor too muddy. I don't need loads of low end on stage as it can clash with the bass anyway. I prefer more cut.

As stated above, have a play with a 4 x12, try to get the powered version because I think it gives you more versatility/easier set up. I went for unpowered monitor because I have the powered KPA and unpowered monitors are cheaper ( my monitor was £180).

Good profiles are totally the key and set those through FRFR as a cab will mask a bad profile...