Thinking of replacing horn tweeters with coaxial for FRFR

• Although I love my setup, but as a guitarist,because it's what we do, I'm always looking for that 'extra little bit' that I never seem to get to. So, for my next endeavor, I'm thinking of trying coaxial in place of the current configuration in my FRFR, just try it on one to compare, it's inexpensive enough to at least give it a shot so why not. As much as I love my current setup, sometimes I feel the highs need to be smoothed out, not necessarily eq'd out but just have some of that harshness taken away.

Originally I was going to get the Gemini 2 but the weight was a little more that I wanted as my main goal was a light speaker. Does anyone know what they use for drivers in their speaker, or just some good coaxial speaker in general I could try?

(Sorry!, tried to make the picture smaller but couldn't figure it out)

• Another lefty player! Got no idea about the Matrix's or Mission's coaxial components being easily available or not, but I would try to compare coaxial versus non coaxial first and then decide whether to modify a cab or get a new one. Mission has a light active Io coaxial cab model that is in my list. The coaxial design may not smooth out the harshness, though. But the feel should be better!

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Thanks! I'll order those today. For now I think I'll skip purchasing the crossover and just use whats in the box. The current crossover I know isn't matched to the speakers which could work for me or against me but if it sounds too far off I;ll go ahead and order the crossover.

• Just thought I would give an update so there's a record of it.

Replace stock woofer/tweeter in Matrix FR12 with:
    Woofer : Eminence Beta 12CXA
    Tweeter: ASD1001

Definitely more cab like feel but WAY to much bottom end and I even closed off the port but was not able to remove enough bottom end, even during rehearsal I had the Kemper bass turned all the way down and it was it still had too much bottom end. The tweeter was the opposite issue, I was hoping to smooth out the highs but it almost removed them, there was a different between connecting/disconnecting the ASD1001 tweeter but all in all not a big difference.

I did not get the crossover because the Matrix amp has separate tweeter/woofer wires, but in theory the low side is a low pass filter so would have done nothing to cut down it bass, and the high side is just a high pass filter so should have not cut out highs ( unless the low cutoff of the high side is above my hearing which very well could be ).

Next experiment will be the new F12-X200 Celestion with the Neodymium to keep the weight low ( for this I will have to break into the amp to bypass the crossover), the Eminence definitely add some extra weight, but I'm old.