(solved) spdif remping problem (bad noise) focusrite 6i6 keeps disconnecting

• I just recorded a video to explain the basic concept of Focusrite MixControl which might be helpful for you (and others).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nice job on the video Martin! :thumbup:

• Nice job on the video Martin

And here's a follow-up video explaining a bit more about the connection betwen DAW and audio interface and the routing from DAW to MixControl. Hope this helps as well.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks :) And here's a follow-up video explaining a bit more about the connection betwen DAW and audio interface and the routing from DAW to MixControl. Hope this helps as well.

Well done!

• @db9091 it would be amazing if we could just plug in and play wouldn’t be :D I spend more time trying to make things work than actually playing !!
    Thank you :) Sometimes is not easy to explain things in a different language

@lightbox thank you for the video ! I realised I may have used a wrong term because I actually have a 2nd generation focusrite which comes with a focusrite control instead of a mix control so it’s different from the one in your video (it’s suppose to be easier but...well not really :D ) I will watch your video and try to apply the same principles to the focusrite control

I ve updated my OX system to the last out and at least now the focusrite doesn’t disconnect every 2 minutes
    I ve spent a good hour trying to make things work but still nothing honestly , if I set the output as spdif 1/2 in stereo I get the dry and wet signal thogeter , noisy for a second then the noise goes away and sound ok. if I only use spdif output 1 I get only the dry , if I set only spdif output 2 I get the noisy signal with the wet on the background .
    On top of that the I can only hear the sound out of the monitors but when I run logic there’s no input everything is dead , even if I load an mp3 and press play nothing comes out from the monitors..I ve changed all the inputs in logic but nothing happen.
    :S Sorry everybody I feel such a noob (which I am)

• Ok guys so at the end I found out the problem was my iMac. I’m running Os high Sierra on it (which should be supported by focusrite control) but apparently it’s not ..well at least not on my computer . I tried the focusrite with my MacBook and it’s now working flawless no noise when I use spdif and no disconnections whatsoever.
    Not ideal as I don’t want to use the 6i6 on my MacBook but at least Now I know where the problem was. Thanks for your help everybody

• Ok guys so at the end I found out the problem was my iMac. I’m running Os high Sierra on it (which should be supported by focusrite control) but apparently it’s not ..well at least not on my computer . I tried the focusrite with my MacBook and it’s now working flawless no noise when I use spdif and no disconnections whatsoever.
    Not ideal as I don’t want to use the 6i6 on my MacBook but at least Now I know where the problem was. Thanks for your help everybody

Great to hear!! Please edit the title of the thread to say "Solved".

• I never upgrade to the latest Mac OSX until its about 1 to 1.5 years old.

2 weeks ago I updated to Sierra for my iMac. I'll do my macbook next.

High Sierra? Maybe next Fall, haha