Venting post... Any words of encouragement?

• I had a similar experience with a DXR-12, then bought a camplifier and tried the thing with a couple of cabs... And I don't think I'm gonna go back to FRFR anytime soon. Just remember to 'unify the internal cab thing' as you called it... to me, FOH is the most important side of your sound because all in all that's what the audience is gonna hear!

• Getting monitoring right was the biggest thing for me. After not getting on with FRFR and then trying a Mesa cab with merged profiles, I eventually found that in ears with some in the wedge was the best for me. Of course each person finds the ideal setup, but playing confidence is totally connected to what you hear, so keep trying.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• @GuyJames, nothing wrong with using a guitar cab. As I said it takes time to fully embrace FRFR.
    It's no problem for me now after years doing it.
    But I will admit that sitting in the sweet spot in my music room going into a guitar cab with my Profiler still sound a tiny bit better.

• Coincidentally, Pro Junior + two or three pedals is the example I always use to say, no shame in getting great tones from a cheap, easy, toneful rig. Ultimately the Kemper is so deep and capable ... and fun. It’s an amazing device. Try to maintain your perspective, versus what you think you should feel about any of this stuff. I’m confident you’ll be able to build a great relationship with the Kemper on your own terms that doesn’t negate the good experiences that you’ve had over the years with your traditional set-ups.