Rig Manager sort by options

• A couple of quick question about filtering/ordering sounds in RM

Is it possible to sort on more than one category e.g. sort by gain (low to high) then by say Amp Type so allof the lowest gain profiles come up together and within that grouping all the AC30s are next to each other then the Bassman etc.?

Is there a way to filter the search on the profile type - eg I don't want any direct profiles only Studio or I only want D.I profiles etc?

I have just realised there is a separate Rig Manager page which I should have posted this on. Can I move it there?????

• Try clicking the columns in the order you want them sorted. I find that works.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I'm not aware, that it is possible to sort by more than one criteria. If it would, your example might not work anyhow as there are not two Rigs with the exact same Gain.

• musicmad is right: Rig Manager uses a so-called stable sort algorithm, which means that the existing order does not change for elements that have the exact same value in the column that is sorted by. For example, you can first sort by name, then sort by author. You will get groups of authors, each sorted by name.
    As Burkhard pointed out, the problem with Gain is that it is not obvious that it is different between two rigs, because the gain symbol in Rig Manager is not detailed enough. Gains of 5.1 and 5.2 will look the same in Rig Manager, but are different when these rigs get sorted.

• Thanks guy,

I understand the gain option now. I thought it was sorting by the gain ranges illustrated by the 10 rising bars graphic. If it actually sorts by the specific gain setting I can see how it would be impossible to use this as part of a multi sort list.

However, the "stable sort algorithm" definitely isn't working on my Mac. Sort by one column = OK, next click another column header and everything gets sorted by that column only. Maybe its a Mac problem or maybe its just to do with the fact that people don't always lables amps with exactly the same name.

Never mind, it's not the end of the world ;)

Thanks for your help anyway.

Alan