How are you guys using pedals with your Kemper and Kemper remote (MIDI/Switching)?

• I recently acquired my three favourite drive pedals after selling them last year (they were a bit redundant with my old Axe FX), but the beauty of the Kemper just means they sound perfect with it.

So am wondering how you guys set up your pedals with it? I know the various ways I can do it, but am more specifically wondering if anyone is using Midi from the Kemper to control pedals via some sort of midi switcher? to integrate different pedals in different presets? Is this possible?

If admins don't mind, it'd be cool to see some examples of Kemper/Pedals pedalboards too if people think it'd be fun to share (and there's not an already dedicated thread for this stuff).

Cheers,
    JT

• I honestly don't use any other pedals with my Kemper. After having it for a while and spending some time really learning how to dial in the effects, I just don't have any use for the pedals. 100% of what I use my Kemper for is live performances, and I find that the effects in it are so good that by the time the signal makes its way through the PA system, you can't tell that it's not one of the more popular or traditional effect pedals.

Everyone has their own opinion on this. But for me, it's just not worth the extra money, pedalboard real estate and clutter for something that you can't distinguish live.

• Im the same although there are lots of people on here that do..

For me I see no point with drive pedals as you can change all parameters and easily switch that a drive pedal is needed for a trad amp..

Midi might be a bit complex ( I assume you'd need a specific midi map for each slot and pedal) so I would assume people just switch the loop in and out.

FYI I also used to use a loop/bypass pedal to avoid excess noise from non true bypass pedals. The advantage is you can switch multiple on with one press ( assuming you "pre" switch the pedals on)...hope that makes sense.

• I recently got rid of most of my pedals. I only kept a few that I can't quite replicate on the kemper. I had good luck running clean boost, distortion, fuzz & talkbox in front of KPA. The pedals I still run are in the loop and controlled by midi by the KPA and a Decibel Eleven Loop Expander. KPA makes this really cool with the ability to put the loop where you need it per rig.

Learn to Swim

• I recently got rid of most of my pedals. I only kept a few that I can't quite replicate on the kemper. I had good luck running clean boost, distortion, fuzz & talkbox in front of KPA. The pedals I still run are in the loop and controlled by midi by the KPA and a Decibel Eleven Loop Expander. KPA makes this really cool with the ability to put the loop where you need it per rig.

That's perfect, exactly what I need. Thanks @ampoholic, is it easy to program the Decibel Eleven and use the Kemper/Kemper controller to change presets on it?

Same as you, I'm only using extra drive pedals because I've yet to find a convincing profile of any of them...a Klone, Tube Driver clone and a Muff.

• It's been awhile since I set it up, but I remember it being pretty straight forward. Only issue is the midi order thing. Everything's plugged into a conditioner so 1 switch turns it all on. The Loop Expander starts way faster than the KPA but needs to start after so I have to reset (unplug/plug) it after the KPA starts, then reload the performance slot (stomp the button.)

Just FYI on the drive type pedals. I used them since I got the KPA (3+ years) up until a month or so ago. I've been having good luck using shapers with low gain rigs, generally backing the drive down from default (5?) On low gain and high(er) gain, the green scream and fuzzes with the gain set to 0 or very low is working for me. Of course starting with a clean (quality not low gain) rig is helpful.

Learn to Swim