New update 1.0.6

Why is everyone so busy ranting to get a fix done ("virus" "ridiculous" "sound like shit") that they can't read the posts here in this reporting thread. Sheesh....it's almost like we want to find a problem we can't fix

Sorry, not understanding your post...does "you" mean "me" ? :)
    I haven't asked anyone to test anything.
    All I'm trying to do is tell you there's nothing for you to worry about, you've never installed 1.05 on your KPA, your KPA will work perfectly with the firmware that's currently in it, or 1.04. or 1.06.

Fixed that for you. Guitartone - I don't agree that there is nothing to worry about if you didn't install 1.05

See post 77 in this thread ""Only had my KPA a couple of days and I experience the same problem. Have only done one upgrade and it is to version 1.0.4."" If true - it's not a problem introduced by 1.05

• Im getting confused here. If im reading you guys right then i shouldnt have any problems if i update from 1.03 straight to 1.06? can someone confirm this plz? ive never updated to anything later than 1.03 so far

I can only confirm it with my KPA from 1.04 to 1.06...everything is just fine and normal.

Like I said, I think you'll experience a different Master Volume level from 1.03 to 1.06, but that's all.

• Im getting confused here. If im reading you guys right then i shouldnt have any problems if i update from 1.03 straight to 1.06? can someone confirm this plz? ive never updated to anything later than 1.03 so far

See post 77 in this thread

• Fixed that for you. Guitartone - I don't agree that there is nothing to worry about if you didn't install 1.05

See post 77 in this thread ""Only had my KPA a couple of days and I experience the same problem. Have only done one upgrade and it is to version 1.0.4."" If true - it's not a problem introduced by 1.05

Like I said before, you have nothing to worry about...go play your KPA, prove me wrong. :thumbup:

• I never updated to 1.05, I went straight from 1.04 to 1.06...no problems here.

One noticeable change between 1.04 and 1.06, there seems to be a difference in master volume, I set my MV a little higher than I did using 1.04.

So, as you can imagine, I'm not understanding this thread at all. ?(

Ok, so maybe 1.0.5 is the culprit here. I went from 1.0.2. straight to 1.0.4, then 1.0.5. Started noticing that something is wrong when I updated to 1.0.5.

Why is everyone so busy ranting to get a fix done ("virus" "ridiculous" "sound like shit") that they can't read the posts here in this reporting thread. Sheesh....it's almost like you want to find a problem you can't fix

You're joking, right? The virus was just an analogy. Who said anything about wanting to find a prob? I noticed it, recorded it and it's there. I'm trying to help making this product as good and as stable as it can be - that's why I am reporting issues. I even send them my soundcard to fix the SP/Dif prob back then. We can just ignore probs like that and we'll be stuck in beta forever. Think about it

Im getting confused here. If im reading you guys right then i shouldnt have any problems if i update from 1.03 straight to 1.06? can someone confirm this plz? ive never updated to anything later than 1.03 so far

Chris, I would not recommend for you to update to 1.0.6. yet. Hold off a few days if you can until support gets back to us. I mean, from what it looks like right now, 1.0.5. seems to be the culprit. But just in case...

I think a lot of sensory paranoid here :D

Bro, go back to my post #27 and listen to the soundsamples. Also listen to Capitancamparro's samples. If you can't hear a difference, fine, move on.

• I never updated to 1.05, I went straight from 1.04 to 1.06...no problems here.

One noticeable change between 1.04 and 1.06, there seems to be a difference in master volume, I set my MV a little higher than I did using 1.04.

So, as you can imagine, I'm not understanding this thread at all. ?(

Well we are two then ?(

Difference in volume but no other issues here ?(?(?(

I can however hear the difference on the sound samples posted. I have the same issue on an FX Ultra but just when you switch it on a preset. It must come from 1.05 as I have tested again and no issue here. 8|?(

• Listen to the clip I posted earlier. There's no paranoia but an obvious difference between both.

I made a good test

this is true it is very different

?( there really are problems with updates

I no longer touch anything we must change the Programmer
    otherwise it will make us mad

:D

• You're joking, right? The virus was just an analogy. Who said anything about wanting to find a prob? I noticed it, recorded it and it's there. I'm trying to help making this product as good and as stable as it can be - that's why I am reporting issues. I even send them my soundcard to fix the SP/Dif prob back then. We can just ignore probs like that and we'll be stuck in beta forever. Think about it

You didn't read what I wrote. Too busy to READ THE POSTS. No-one ever suggested there wasn't a problem. I said people are just wading in without reading the information. Of course we'll never get out of beta if Kemper act like posters here

• You didn't read what I wrote. Too busy to READ THE POSTS. No-one ever suggested there wasn't a problem. I said people are just wading in without reading the information. Of course we'll never get out of beta if Kemper act like posters here

Sorry man, I still don't get what it is you're saying. :)
    I thought you were saying that I was ridiculous for suggesting it acts like a "virus" when all I tried to make was an analogy. Anyway, moving on

• I did skip the update as I had several gigs planned and did not what to have issues with the wha cc...

That's really important right here. So, you went from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6? You skipped 1.0.5. did I get this right? This might be important for support - so they know where to look

• No problems that I can find, I updated from 1.04 to 1.06
    Apart from output level, but I'm new to the unit

Steve
    Mainly my own built valve amps and Kemper

• That's really important right here. So, you went from 1.0.4 to 1.0.6? You skipped 1.0.5. did I get this right? This might be important for support - so they know where to look

Yes I have skip 1.05

Do you have a EQ in your rig? Have you tried to bypass it, save the rig and try again to switch between rigs. Perhaps the EQ settings are not recall properly ?(?(

• Yes I have skip 1.05

Do you have a EQ in your rig? Have you tried to bypass it, save the rig and try again to switch between rigs. Perhaps the EQ settings are not recall properly ?(?(

Thanks - that should pretty much confirm that 1.0.5. generated the prob.

Nope, I have no EQ in my rig. It's just the amp, with no stomps or anything. Just a bit of delay.