Keep effects presets and change amp without locking

• It works but it leaves your names screwed up if the original rig had a name that hints at the amp. Then you end up with a Mars profile with a Vox stack. I much prefer locking.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• It works but it leaves your names screwed up if the original rig had a name that hints at the amp. Then you end up with a Mars profile with a Vox stack. I much prefer locking.

fair point well put....

I will neeed to try both. I usually use lock.

• I typically only use the swapping stacks on rigs that I’ve already programmed to be song specific. I’ll name them the song and part (for example: Amazed Verse). So typically I’m in performance mode when swapping stacks so I don’t accidentally screw up an amp rig that’s in browser pool. I find the lock function gets me in trouble sometimes. I’ll want to change something and then it changes it for everything and then it’s a lot of work when I finally decide I don’t want to use the same reverb on all my patches or something.

Another thing I’ve done is save stomp and fx presets under song names. Then I can just browse rigs and then add those two groups of fx rather quickly to whichever rig I like for that song.