Blazon Stone - Eagle Warriors (Live in Sandviken 2018-07-20)

• Today we played the first gig with this years live lineup!
    It features "special guests" Philip Forsell (Antham) on vocals, and Daniel Sjögren (Twilight Force / Bloodbound) on drums.
    Overall I'm very happy with the show! And of course, first gig for "the Solar Buddies" 8o

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Next week we're heading to Germany to kick ass at Headbangers Open Air! :thumbup:

Not only first time playing the Solars live, but also using in-ear monitoring so I wanna talk a little about this phenomenon...
    Gotta say this is a game changer for me and probably the whole band!
    We rehearsed the day before, and we brought our in-ear rig to the venue...
    No tweaks at all, we had THE EXACTLY SAME sound in our ears as we did in rehearsal!
    That was beyond amazing for me.
    No wasting time on shitty wedge monitoring anymore! Hooked it up, done. And I'm sure the soundtech loved not having to do any monitoring herself either... She's my girlfriend by the way and very good at what she does. I couldn't hear the sound from the audience obviously, but we (and she) got compliments for the sound, so I'm sure the time saving and QUIET STAGE helped with this.

We used LD Systems MEI 1000 and we had absolutely zero problems with dropouts or interference noise.
    I can definitely recommend these for anybody who wants to get into in-ear monitoring!
    I'm not sure how they compare to Sennheiser EW300, but they are about 3x the price and I'm sure they are great, but the LD Systems did exactly what I wanted.

Oh well, looking forward for the festival gig in Germany next week!

• @LiamUK Haha thanks, but the whole project started as a homeage to Running Wild (1988-1998 era) tho 8o

I never took this project seriously during the first two albums, they were just made for fun and was never supposed to play live at all.

But it still attracted a decent amount of fans (who really miss Running Wilds old sound!) so I guess I started something that people wanted more of, but couldn't get from "the real deal".

Oh well, the third and fourth albums are MUCH better than the first two, mainly because I took it more seriously.
    And then I got asked from Headbangers in Germany, and playing support act for Hammerfall in Greece and then another festival in France...
    Yeah, I guess even tho the whole project is a homage to another bands (past) sound, I have come to enjoy it enough to actally take it to the stage.

So yeah, this was never meant to be, but somehow with time I had to accept ( :D ) the fans demands.
    I'm not sure if it will be an actual touring band or just play selected shows on festivals etc but we'll see. We dont have any more gigs booked than these below so we'll see what happens next year.
    [Blocked Image: https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37274221_1854633994625398_5711094700132270080_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1677d0b63a4ce07532a4d3bb8023c470&oe=5BE6A520]