Kemper Into Bass Amp

• My apologies if this question exists elsewhere in the forum. I realize this is probably a newbie question, but I must admit that I have not had much experience dealing with amps, cabs, electronics, etc.

I currently utilize a Peavey TKO 65 bass amplifier for playing the bass on Sundays. Recently, I have been experiencing issues with this amplifier, so I thought about making the Kemper my primary amp. On the front panel of the TKO, there are 4 jacks; high and low gains for the instrument, and a patch section that shows Pre Amp Out and Pwr Amp In. There is no effects loop or any other options on the rear of the amplifier.

I’m assuming that I would need to plug the output from the Kemper into the Pwr Amp In option on the Peavey. However, since I have an unpowered Kemper, would I need to purchase a separate power amp for use between the Kemper and the Peavey, or could I just run from the unpowered Kemper straight into the input of the Peavey?

• Electrically feeding the MONITOR OUT of the PROFILER into the power amp input of the Peavey should work. You would need to activate "Monitor Cab. Off" in the PROFILER Output Section to suppress the cabinet simulation for that particular output as the Peavey combo has no full-range cabinet.

If you have been experiencing issues with that amp now and this is caused by a broken power amp or speaker, the use of a PROFILER might not heal these issues.

The wattage of that amp is not exhaustive. A powered PROFILER has more juice (600 Watt at 8 Ohm). And a full-range cabinet would provide much more sound flexibility.

• Wow, I was completely expecting to that I would need to purchase a separate power amp for my unpowered Kemper. I’m glad I checked with the experts before I wasted money on an unnecessary purchase. In addition, you beat me to my next question; which output to utilize, so thank you!! :) I will also be sure to turn off the cab option on Kemper before playing.

I don’t know what’s going on with the Peavey amp. It will play at a normal volume for a while, then the volume will bounce around. The worst part is that for no reason, there will be an extremely loud, ear-bleeding squeal come out of the amp that forces me to shut it down. I’ve tried a few new instrument cables, but no luck. Again, I’m not real familiar with amp wiring, so I am hoping that it’s just something funky with the input jacks. That’s why I wanted to give the Kemper a try on another input.

Worst case scenario, I will plug the Kemper into the mixing board and just utilize a wireless transmitter/receiver system between my bass and the Kemper. This will eliminate me from trying to run more wiring through the church.

Thanks again!

• I was really hoping that I could run directly into the Peavey for a few reasons. One of those reasons would be having the ability to switch from bass to guitar whenever I felt confident enough. I’ve always played bass, never played guitar in front of anyone before (mainly just a bedroom guitarist), so I would like to be able drop the volume way down (w/o someone cranking it back up via the board) and play quietly until I get my confidence and then slowly roll up the volume.

However, the way the TKO is acting, utilizing the direct input to the PA with the Kemper may be my only option. It is nice to know that I have multiple options with the Kemper. :)