Help Connecting Powered Kemper to Guitar Combo Speakers

• Hi everybody.

I’m confused as to how to properly connect my powered kemper to a guitar cabinet. I’ve seen instructions to connect it from the Kemper’s speaker out or the Monitor out to the fx send...

My case is a little specific, because I would like to use the speakers from my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Combo. I have attached a picture from the back of my amp. Should I connect the Kemper to the fx part or this speaker input?

Should it be from the speaker out or monitor out of the Kemper?

Can the cable be the small one I use to connect pedals?

• You must use the speaker out from the Kemper. Non of the others have an amp so can’t drive a speaker.

I presume you are using the Kemper instead of the Boogie. I.e. the Boogie won’t be switched on because you can’t run the boogie without a soeaker connected or you’ll blow the output transformer. If that is the case just unplug the speaker cable from the Boogie and plug it into the speaker out of the Kemper.

The other way that some pleople like to run their Kemper is to take the monitor out into the FX return on the Mesa ( definitely don’t plug the speaker out in the FX return!!!) .in this case you won’t be ising the akemper amp but will be using the Boogie power amp. It won’t sound exactly like the Kemper profile though becaise the Boogie will add its own character on top of the profile. Some prefer this others don’t. Try it both ways and go with whatever you prefer.

• Thank you very much for the answers, but I still can’t get it to work.

I plugged a speaker cable from the Kemper’s monitor out into the Mesa’s Fx Loop return. I disabled the Kemper’s power amp and I turned the Mesa on. AlI get is loud hum and even when I turn the Mesa off, I get an additional “scream”, like I did a bend on my guitar

• Do not connect the SPEAKER OUTPUT of the PROFILER to the FX Send or any other line level socket of the Mesa Boogie amp!!!! This will kill the internal power amp of the PROFILER. The SPEAKER OUTPUT must not be connected to any grounded devices like the Mesa amp. You could just connect a speaker cable coming from the speakers of your Mesa Boogie to the SPEAKER OUTPUT.

It is okay to connect the MONITOR OUTPUT to the FX Return of the Mesa Boogie. If this doesn't work, you might need to plug a TS jack into the FX Send of the Mesa Boogie in order to activate its FX loop. The FX Return might be inactive as long as nothing is plugged into the FX Send.

• You definitely don’t want to run the speaker out into the fx return. Monitor Out would be okay, but some of Mesa’s parallel effects loops get strange oscillations and other noises. You can mod it to be in series, which solves that issue in most cases.

Your best bet is to unplug the speaker jack from the Mesa, and plug it into the speaker out of the Kemper. You might need to buy/make a 1/4” extension cable, but then you’re just using the speakers and not the Mesa.