How to record with my Kemper

• Dumb question here,,(maybe). I have watched a few YouTube clips of recording with the Kemper and all of them mention the S/PDIF method. I use a Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 and it does not have S/PDIF connections. Will it not work unless my interface has that type of input?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

• Welcome to the forum, Mikey! :thumbup:

You should be able to use the direct out and monitor out into the main inputs of the Scarlett. It will take TRS or XLR.

You could also use one (L or R) or both of the main TS or XLR outs for recording, but I prefer Hamper's suggestion 'cause IMHO the mono Monitor feed is perfect for recording and the Direct-out's being recorded alongside that will allow you to reamp should you so desire.

• Hi Everyone!

Thanks for the info!

Can someone explain cable configuration? I have a presonus audiobox with 2 inputs on front(1 = Mic and 2=Instrument)

Not sure which outputs on Kemper to utilize to which inputs on Presonus and how many cables I should be using. Or do I need to purchase a better interface box?

Thank you!

• You could start here:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.