New to Kemper - Shouldn't I be able to get a similar sound to youtube videos or profile demos on ToneJunkie or M.Britt?

• All these responses are very helpful. I've got some videos to watch and tweaking to do this weekend. I'd really like to hear this through a cab to see if it's the monitors creating the effect, but I don't have one unfortunately. I will say that volume does seem to help a bit as some have pointed out. I wish I have a way to record and playback to see if it's just something in my head, but I don't have an interface.

I'll see what I can work out this weekend.

• make sure you are not clipping the inputs of the HS-8. The signal level at the XLR outs is very high. You might want to activate the -12dB option in the output menu to avoid clipping.

Is that what a red output light is indicating? I've seen it do that on some profiles and tried to adjust to limit it. I'll look at that again.

Make sure Input led is not clipping (in case adjust input sense)

Make sure output led is not clipping (in case adjust volume level)

Make sure output level is not to hot ( in case adjust master volume or set the -12db Option in the output section)

Hans is talking about the inputs on the HS-8s.

Obviously you don't want to see red at the Kemper's output too-much (sustained red), but padding the KPA's output with the -12dB option and lowering the input-level pots on the monitors is what he's suggesting (indirectly) as well, if need be.

Welcome to the forum, Kyle! 8)