Reamp Assistance Please! With a tube amp

• Hi guys, got a question regarding reamping with a real tube amp.

Is it possible to use the profiler as a reamp box by using SPDIF and analogue outs simultaneously? Hoping someone could help me out because I have no way of testing it out myself. I am using Reaper and Scarlett 6i6 (2nd gen) as my interface.

This is what I intend to do:

DI from DAW >>> KPA via SPDIF (works fine)

Direct out from KPA (Direct out set to Git Analog) >>> input of tube amp

Will this work? Is it possible to use digital and analogue input/ output simultaneously? I've heard it's possible but maybe my focusrite control settings are wrong. Any help in the right direction would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Regards.

• Thanks for the response Michael. Do you reckon there is another way this could be achieved? Maybe by doing it fully analog? Would I be sacrificing the quality of the dry signal?

• Thanks Michael. I have succesfully reamped in the past using SPDIF exclusively. Haven't done it analog before. Will read your post, I'm sure I can learn a lot more.

The reason I can't test it out is because I have been asked to do a recording by a person who owns tube amps. Travelling back and forth is going to be difficult so I suggested using the profiler to record DI's and reamp through a good profile of the amp. But he's a bit skeptical and claims to hear a noticeable difference between profiles and tube amps. Since it would still be easier for me record DI's and then reamp it was wondering if I can do it using the profiler as a reamp box. I won't have access to a tube amp until I go to him for the recording. Which is why I'm asking :)

• I did it when making this comparison because my Torpedo Reload was making a strange noise. Four of the example used the real amp reamped via the Kemper. I can't remember the settings as it was trial and error mainly but it worked. If I get a chance tomorrow or later in the week I'll try and recreate it.

Real Amp V Kemper Comparison

• Hi guys,

Think I've got the profiler to work as a reamp box with the use of SPDIF and analog direct out. Thanks to Dylan Dice who posted this video on youtube. Linking it here in case anyone wants to check it out themselves. Thanks guys!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cool. Glad you found a way to do it.

I've been trying to recreate it myself this evening but was struggling to replicate it. Then I remembered that I wrote it all down in a post when I did the comparison.

Oh, god - not another Kemper comparison test

You can see that I did it a different way but I just tested Dylan's way too and they both sound the same to me. Go with whichever one is easiest or make most sense to you.