Main Output Jacks

• Hey there,

following problem:

i tried to use the main output jacks with two jacks (unballanced) to a mini stereo jack to deliver my home stereo system. Everything sounds totally muffled -> no highend at all. Output where routed with Stack. If i use the monitor output instead (also Stack) everything works fine. Same cabel. First i thought that my main output maybe is damaged but then i tried the same output with a normal jack2jack instrument cabel. All good. I tried this several times with always the same results.

What´s the output jack difference of the main and the monitor output? They are both unballanced right? I don´t get it ^^

Someone has an idea?

• Do you get the same problem if you just use one of the Main Output Jacks? If you are just using a mono Stack signal you don’t need to combine the two outputs as both sides are the same.

I suspect the issue is down to the two mono to Stereo adaptor. I haven’t tried what you are doing but I remember in the old days when we would try and feed too many headphones without a proper headphone amp. We would stack those 2/1 adaptors so each one fed a set of can and another adaptor. This creates a massive impedence mismatch and stops the amp being able to drive any of the headphones properly. It sounds as though the dual mono to stereo using a passive jack connector could be doing something similar with either risistance or capacitance but I’m not knowledgeable enough about electronics to help.