Bend with 2 notes ore more, a.h, NUMERICAL NOISE !!!

• Hi, i made some test cause i already noticed that some numerical noises appears with sometimes.

Especially with bend with 2 notes, or artificial harmonics etc

Here an exemple with a YJM profile (01h with MARSHALL 1960 cab) normal then with reverb then with green scream (drive 0.0)

Maybe better for you to not clic !

I do love the tone but when you notice numerical noise, you hear just that :(

• In my humble opinion those problems (including the direct out clip) are caused by some issue with your sound card. I may well be wrong, but do you have a chance to borrow a different one. Just gut feel, no knowledge behind it...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• In my humble opinion those problems (including the direct out clip) are caused by some issue with your sound card. I may well be wrong, but do you have a chance to borrow a different one.Just gut feel, no knowledge behind it...

No, it can't be cause of my soundcard, for the output i've got problem when profiling without going into my soundcard, my samples are just the direct level from my guitar and from the kemper if it was my sound card the problem should be for the 2 examples.

For the numerical noises i've got exactly the same problem with headphone (i recorded the sample with the headphone on my ears)

Is it something that can be resolve with an update ??

• Ok, thanks for clarifing! Could you post the profiles used so that I can check if I get the same here? At the end you could really have a faulted D/A converter...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Here a harrible sample for the courageous (sorry i just play bend that my Kemper doesn't like)

i Can here the problem in every amp i used

http://soundcloud.com/mugiwara-4/test-kpa-numerical-noises

I reamp the same sample with those profiles that i choose randomly:

Z28 flat
    YJM100
    ZAP POLY DRIVE
    Vox Two 5
    UWE Mars 1974
    Pure Blues
    TillS VK100 2 MICS
    Tupelo Lead +
    Ola Triple Recto Tight
    MARK V 3 EXTREME 2
    Marshall Gollub Crunc
    Fischers AC BM Booster

For those how want to test a reamping the dry file:
    http://www.toofiles.com/fr/oip…anumericalnoises.html</a>

• Mabye i'm not hearing exactly what your'e hearing, but that's the point of that particular kind of two finger bend, the idea is to play with the phase between the strings and create a ringing/warbling tone, so what you're hearing is phase interference between the two strings amplified by compression. You get the same effect with a real amp, though a lot depends on your guitar and it's pickups. Have you tried recording just your guitar dry signal?

• Here's an example of what I mean, in case this is what you're hearing : http://www.peranders.com/general/bend_phasing01.aif

The first time around is just the guitar direct in through the interface, you can hear the phasing/resonance if you listen carefully. Then to make it easier to hear I recorded again but this time with a compressor on it, and finally i played through the Kemper and one of it's profiles.

I recorded using the neck single-coil pickup which is brighter and accentuates this sound, if i use my bridge humbucker then it's more muffled and becomes less obvious, but this is a sound you'll get with an acoustic guitar too as the two strings go in and out of phase.

• Yeah, I'm hearing what Per is, i.e., the "beating" you get when you bend two strings an asynchronous amount. Just like when you are tuning a string against a reference pitch. Some distortion pedals make it more pronounced than others but I have never thought the ones that make it pronounced were "wrong".

• Per, the dry signal is in my last post.

Personally i here something numerical AND what you talking about.

Will do more test tomorrow.

• I believe what you are hearing is something I mentioned a while back - many of the stomp distortions have a rather prevalent digital aliasing problem: the higher the gain, the bigger the problem. Not sure why this must be, because the Amp distortion has none of this... It can also be heard when bending a single high note with a higher drive setting.
    Digital aliasing creates sounds and pitches that are not a part of the normal (analog) distortion process.

All modelers known to man 8o

Edited once, last by Radley ().

• I believe what you are hearing is something I mentioned a while back - many of the stomp distortions have a rather prevalent digital aliasing problem: the higher the gain, the bigger the problem. Not sure why this must be, because the Amp distortion has none of this... It can also be heard when bending a single high note with a higher drive setting.
    Digital aliasing creates sounds and pitches that are not a part of the normal (analog) distortion process.

Oh, maybe that's why I wasn't hearing it since I wasn't using stomps but only amps. Not a big fan of the stomps/FX myself so I am happy to just avoid them.

I'm hearing that on the DELAY effects too, most digital delays tend to have some of that, but a really hear it on the KPA, not sure if anything can be done about that.

some amp distortion have this pb too :here's the plexi 50 (DI profile) recorded with a zoom q3 in front of my tube amp : http://rbul1.free.fr/kemper.mp3 , and noticed in a few other profile too (often , with profile with gain).it brings me back to old boss cosm technology :(
    this pb is a real deal breaker for me , i may not keep the kemper for that reason.

• some amp distortion have this pb too :here's the plexi 50 (DI profile) recorded with a zoom q3 in front of my tube amp : http://rbul1.free.fr/kemper.mp3 , and noticed in a few other profile too (often , with profile with gain).it brings me back to old boss cosm technology :(
    this pb is a real deal breaker for me , i may not keep the kemper for that reason.

I'm not sure what you're doing there, but i'm hearing the effects of the noise gate and a short reverb, what happens when you disable them? (also what happens when you lower your pickups away from your strings, because i'm hearing pickup interference there which is causing a harmonic warble).

Edited 2 times, last by Per ().

• Gotcha, downloaded the dry file, might test it out. Bending notes with added distortion def produces some funky sounds and artifacts even in analog circuits. I think I should profile my amp, then run this signal through both and record and hear if there are the artifacts that the OP is hearing...

I have noticed some artifacts from time to time, but nothing always constant and nothing to get in my way yet.