Ear Fatigue - Anyone experience this?

• Got my new KPA Wednesday. Played for 2 hours medium volume with Yamaha Monitor Speakers, the same I use for everything. That length of time is not unusual for me... Really liked a lot of the amps/rigs, but ear fatigue and a sharpness in the tones became very apparent.

Then when I listened to my recordings of the amps in my car, that sharpness was present that I don't get with my previous Fracta AX8 recordings. I was unable to turn up the volume loud and enjoy it in the car.

Any thoughts?

• Unless there was an output EQ setting that boosted certain frequencies (around 2 kHz comes to mind as this can cause fatigue) I'm almost certain that it was you and your ears that had a bad day.

Keep in mind that the Profiler doesn’t superimpose a signature sound and it’s also unlikely you only picked profiles that featured a certain frequency pronunciation.

• I have to say that I don't personally find this to be the case. There are a lot of bright profiles and I tend to avoid them. However the Kemper is capable of being bright but the brightness is much sweeter than it's digital competition and is more natural as a result. One solution might be to dial the presence down which has made many profiles more useful to me. It should be remembered that the Kemper is only profiling the amp as it has been set up by the person profiling. I have found that modelled amps have a very different kind of top end and this doesn't often translate to the real amp in a real environment.

• That's strange , as I never get tired from the Yamaha HS7 & KPA combo here, but I usually record & mix a conversational level.

Well 8 straight hours of playing, recording , mixing will get rid of my perception , but the yamaha are such a relief, that I don't get ear fatigue any more since I switched from tube amps to KPA + monitors

• It sounds like you haven’t yet found profiles that work for you yet.

I’ve been using mine for up to 8 hours at a time for nearly two years but have never experienced any ear fatigue with my Adam Ax7. Quite the opposite, compared to my real amps, Guitar Rig, Two Notes IRs etc I find it the least fatiguing set up I have eve had.