Powered kemper toaster- into line 6 AMPLIFi for use as monitor/cab

• Hello there everybody —I recently just purchased a kemper and I love it —I use it with monitors on my desk and I’d like to connect it to my AMPLIFi line 6 150 sine it’s gathering dust—-what kind of cable do I run from the direct output or main output into the AMPLIFi and do I plug it into the same slot where the guitar is plugged in normally on the Apmlifi— I just tested it out with aSpeaker cable and it worked— I’m just making sure that I’m using the right set up without ruining anything— I plugged it directly into the input on the top with all the cabs and amps turned off so use as a monitor- sounds pretty dam good — any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Greg in CA

• You should use a standard guitar cable rather than a speaker cable. Speaker cables are unshielded so more susceptible to noise with the low signal levels the monitor or main outs send. You only need a speaker cable if using the speaker out on the powered Kemper.

I’m not familiar with the AMPLIFi so can’t say which input to use but normally you would want to use a Line In, FX return etc rather than a guitar in so that you by pass the preamp and hear the Kemper in all its natural glory.

Edit

Just googled the AMPLIFi. It has a 1/8th inch stereo aux in. O would get a dual mono (TS) to 1/8” stereo cable and run the Kemper in stereo from the main outs to the Aux in.