MArshall JCM800 50W 12" Combo

• Hi,

some weeks ago, my trusty old MArshall JCM800 50W 12" Combo, which I bought used in 1987 und sold a year later came back to me, after a 25 year long journey! 8o
    I did 4 profiles of it, with different gain settings, which you can find at the exchange.

For the first time I blended two mics together. A SM57 is the main mic, pointed straight to the edge of the cone. Additionally I used a cheapo ribbon mic called "Lollipop", which is surprisingly good for 88,- Euros. It was placed closer to the edge of the speaker.
    Both mics went to a Universal Audio 4-710-d preamp. They were blended thogether in Cubase.

The refining guitars was an Ibanez AS73 with a pair of those excellent PRS 57/08 pickups.

Hope you like it!

[Blocked Image: http://www.frogstar-battle-machine.de/marshall.jpg]

• Hello again,

I wasn´t completely satisfied with my profiles. They do pretty much sound like the real amp, and that is the problem ;)
    So I remembered that back in the days, when I used to play this amp with my first band, how great it felt when I finally upgraded to a 4x12" 1960 cab.
    So thanks to Tills great cab profiles, I did it again, choosing number 006 - much better, same smile on my lips like 25 years ago :D

feel free to grab the upgrade here: jcm800-upgrade