Any news/rumors regarding the built-in poweramp?

• i'm very tempted to pickup up another kemper again after most of the issues i had with mine a few months ago have luckily been sorted out (latency, improved noise gate). also, the black version is finally available :)

still, i'm waiting until the kemper poweramp is released since that would close the deal for me.

i've been using the search function for the past half-hour and haven't been able to find any conclusive information.

i would therefore greatly appreciate if christoph or some of the other guys at kemper could give me some factual information on this :)

• At the Musikmesse they had some prototype of the power amp on show and Christoph stated that the release was due quite soon, before the foot controller...and they wanted to release the foot controller this year (towards the end, I guess).

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• The power amp; while watching that 1 hour profiling session from those Brit boys said "its supposedly in the pipe-line and will power a small pair of speakers".. I don't really understand this since you can just use a pair of studio monitors right now.

Right now the Kemper sounds GREAT being "open back"... if you put a power amp in there it'll turn it into a "closed back" thus "coloring" the tone! ;) umm hi.

CH

• This is where I'm confused - are they talking about a power amp so that I can plug into the back of say an 8ohm cab and sound would come out? so It would act like a real guitar amp head.

If that's the case, will the "profile" bypass the cab and mic modeling somehow?

As it stands right now, I could take this thing on tour with me, and send the signal to the soundguy right from my Kemper with no poweramp, and send a signal to the monitor guy if I wanted to as well with no problems. As long as they turn the thing up in my monitors, I'm set right?

I just don't see the benefit to a poweramp

Evan

• All I hope is an Amp option, let's say between a 30W with a 5 and 15W mode; that would be great for me.
    In that case, I wish we could just remove the Cab in the Profile...

Then the top bonus would be to profile Amps only, without the cab and without the need of external loadbox... (I know, users always want more, more and more features for less, less and less money). But I'd accept to pay a little bit more the "Amp option" if it also be used as loadbox... and then complete the concept to be the Amp you can use the way you want without the need of anything else... but an Amp to Profile :)

My 2 cents,
    Phil

• Now I'm a little confused. I can't figure why a good power amp in back wouldn't benefit.

I just did a gig on stage going direct to mains and back through the monitor and was very happy, but if I wanted to take just an amp why not a Kemper with a built in power amp and a small speaker system or cab. I plan on going FRFR and have a design I'm working through with someone. I'm sure my speaker system will want a good amount of power and I'd like to see the Kemper, if possible, receive something that can put out. It'd be nice to have just a Kemper and cab vs Kemper(not rack mountable), Power amp(these often having a rack-mount profile), and my speaker system. But if its beneficial to more people to have a low W internal amp those like me can look to powered speakers.

• Now I'm a little confused. I can't figure why a good power amp in back wouldn't benefit

The guys were just kidding on "open back", like the Kemper was an amp with open back cab. It's just a joke! :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff