which power amp do you use with your kemper and why?

• I use a mixed setup. The monitor out goes to a TC G-major with FX bypassed (mainly as level control and splitting). From there, one signal goes to the Return of my JVM410H and into a 1960 with a mixed Speaker configuration (2 X V30, 1 x G12H30. 1 x G12T75). The other signal goes to an ENGL 820 Power amp and from into a Standard 1960. The ENGL power amp sounds way more scooped with lots of low end thump and hi end bite so it even emphasizes the charakter of the scooped sounding G12T75. The Marshall power amp has more midrange punch and gives a lot of tone and definition to the other cab. It´s nice to vary the levels of both cabs.

Since the change of the monitor EQ i run it completely flat.

• someone use rocktron or art sla 1?

i use a rocktron velocity 100 and it sounds good to me but mainly i just play it through my recording rig with a set of neumann kh120s

i recently upgraded to a velocity 300 and it sounds much better than the 100 it has presence and resonance controls that you can dial to make any cab sound huge

[Blocked Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/f05540.jpg]
    Pro Tools HDX HD i/o 8x8x8
    SSL Nucleus
    vintech
    2 573
    2 x81
    1 609ca
    classic api 4 vp312
    Neumann kh120's
    Presonus digimax
    Furman hds-6
    splawn nitro
    gmajor 2
    kemper
    agile 727s
    yes i work at Vintech

Edited once, last by greglecompte ().

• I use Mesa Boogie 2:90 with the deep extent on.......I use it because the first time I tried it I almost fainted by the beauty of the sound coming out of my speakers.........

what cab do you use (i have a 2:90 waiting to happen for this..)?

Hendrik

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Am I correct to assume that if a person plays one style, lets say hard rock, that any power amp into say a Marshall 4 x 12" would sound great, but if you switch styles to something like Feist or Wilco , then that cab. is not going to sound so good with a Kay profile.
    So....maybe more than one cab. would be preferable, but the power amp shouldn't matter that much.

• Am I correct to assume that if a person plays one style, lets say hard rock, that any power amp into say a Marshall 4 x 12" would sound great, but if you switch styles to something like Feist or Wilco , then that cab. is not going to sound so good with a Kay profile.
    So....maybe more than one cab. would be preferable, but the power amp shouldn't matter that much.

Basically this is correct. Though the different poweramps have a tendency to pronounce different frequencies a little different, that should be nothing you couldn´t correct with the KPA EQs. The different types of power amps tubes are really not that important. The major sound component will be the cab and it´s speakers. This is why i love mixed speaker setups, they are a little more universal for different styles of music.

• i just got a rocktron velocity 300 from the broken section on musicians friend fixed it and it sounds great

[Blocked Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/f05540.jpg]
    Pro Tools HDX HD i/o 8x8x8
    SSL Nucleus
    vintech
    2 573
    2 x81
    1 609ca
    classic api 4 vp312
    Neumann kh120's
    Presonus digimax
    Furman hds-6
    splawn nitro
    gmajor 2
    kemper
    agile 727s
    yes i work at Vintech

• The reason I bought this amp was to get away from the "Big Rig". With this amp it ist possible to have amp + guitar + something to hear it...like a floor monitor.
    So last week I went to my favorite MusicStore with the KPA and my guitar. I tested a few active wedges and found the best was the RCF NX 10 sma.
    So here I go with KPA, GCP Board, Guitar and the RCF. This rig kicks ass!
    One amp for all sounds with all effects, one guitar and one active wedge, this is my "holy grail" ;)

• Long time I just couldn't get right tone from my KPA. I was using Rocktron Velocity 120 and Marshall 8008 poweramps, and from both I was getting muddy and harsh distortion through Marshall 4X12 cabinet (with cab sims off). I own also BBE 882i Sonic Maximizer, that I get from some trading some time ago, but never really using it. When I see Maximizer lying in closet I take one more shot, and connect it to the output of Kemper. The tone that I was getting from this setup was the best tone that I ever had. Crystal clear, distortions shine, I don't know what magic is happening behind the scene with this combination, but for all poweramp/Kemper users - try put BBE in your setup, i'm sure you'll notice one hell of difference.

http://www.bbesound.com/products/sonic-maximizers/882i.aspx

• +1 for the Matrix GT1000FX. Sounds and feels great!
    From the monitor out, I run it through 1 or 2 Forte 112's loaded with EV 12L's. This works with all profiles-from clean to heavy gain.
    From the main outs I run in to the new Matrix/Celestion CFR 12 passive wedges. I also use this set up for profiling. I have tried a few other powered wedges; QSC, RCF, and strongly prefer the GT1000/CFR combo. http://www.kemper-amps.com/lib…ages/smilies/thumbsup.png

• I use a Matrix Q12a which is a FRFR Coaxial Monitor. It is easily loud enough to keep up with my full rock band at less than half power and the Kemper sounds and feels amazing through it. Even the guys in the band love the way it sounds. I've been using profiles I made of my tube amp rig, and the guys in the band prefer the sound of the Kemper profiles through the Matrix Q12a over my actual tube rig! The reason for that is that the Q12a is far less directional, so it sounds great almost anywhere you stand in the room, whereas the actual tube rig speakers only sound right directly in from of them. I'm certain the Matrix power amp inside the Q12a has a lot to do with the way it sounds and feels, so I imagine their other power amps also sound great.