1.0.8 Release, my KPA freezes on boot again

• I'm speechless, I'm starting to really lose my temper now. What on earth would be causing this? This unit is so unreliable that its funny now... really.
    I tried reinstalling FW, it didn't help. Nothing that I did yet helped. What the hell is going on, really? This is not a beta release for God's sake.

Use your ears, not your mathematical sense.

• Hang in there...there are people here that can help!! I havent had such a problem...just hang in there! :)

I've had this problem with really every firmware versions. I've tried all solutions. Nothing helped, or just temporarly, the problem always comes back sooner or later. What the hell is going on?

• richaxes, have you tried making a complete backup of all the stuff that is in your KPA right now (with the bug happening) and sending that file along with a description (last steps you did before the KPA crashed) to support?
    Sorry bro if you have already done so, but that's about all I can think of right now... I would be totally pissed at this as well, if this was happening to me

• richaxes, have you tried making a complete backup of all the stuff that is in your KPA right now (with the bug happening) and sending that file along with a description (last steps you did before the KPA crashed) to support?
    Sorry bro if you have already done so, but that's about all I can think of right now... I would be totally pissed at this as well, if this was happening to me

Thanks, bro! I didn't do it yet, so this might be my next step, but I just wanted to see if someone had this problem, too, and found the solution.

• Never had a freeze again since 1.0.3....do you leave the KPA always on the same rig when you shut down?

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I understand your frustration, mate, but chill we'll find out what the problem is.

First, what Schneidas suggested is correct and has my +1.

Second, a few thoughts (maybe stupid, but...):
    how many rigs do you have on the KPA?
    Any possibility to have a corrupted file all this time, and maybe that's the reason the issue re-occurs?
    How is your power supply, any possibility to have kind of peaks or cuts that cannot be really easily noticed?

• I understand your frustration, mate, but chill we'll find out what the problem is.

First, what Schneidas suggested is correct and has my +1.

Second, a few thoughts (maybe stupid, but...):
    how many rigs do you have on the KPA?
    Any possibility to have a corrupted file all this time, and maybe that's the reason the issue re-occurs?
    How is your power supply, any possibility to have kind of peaks or cuts that cannot be really easily noticed?

Yes, I just sent them my backup files, and awaiting their answer.

I have far under 1000, maybe a couple hundreds, so I don't think it's this.
    I might have a corrupted file, but as the problem appears on a come and go basis, I can't really think that a specific rig would be causing the problem.
    My power supply is great, and I always unplug the KPA after I turn it off.

• What I'm honestly pissed about is the abscence of the KPA's self-protecting mechanisms. I mean, it's unbelieveable that such a great and professional unit can't correctly deal with corrupted rigs, sometimes values and settings can knock it out as well (ok, maybe not anymore on 1.0.8R but it was definitely so until now), has serious midi issues, etc...
    I understand that the KPA is still in the beta stage but these are #1 reliability issues what can really ruin the reputation of the Profiling Amp and the company as well...

• I'm speechless, I'm starting to really lose my temper now. What on earth would be causing this? This unit is so unreliable that its funny now... really.
    I tried reinstalling FW, it didn't help. Nothing that I did yet helped. What the hell is going on, really? This is not a beta release for God's sake.

Hi richaxes,

Do you have any rigs or cabs that use the "&" in the name? Perhaps this causes the freeze. I had it too and after renaming everthing seems ok so far...... :)

See: "&"

• Hi richaxes,

Do you have any rigs or cabs that use the "&" in the name? Perhaps this causes the freeze. I had it too and after renaming everthing seems ok so far...... :)

To be honest, I didn't have the nerve to go through this process yet, but my backup files are with support now, and they will surely know if this is causing my problems.

• hello friends,

my kpa crashes, when pressing the wahwah pedal during the backup process!

Midi pedal on CC # 1.

That is what I usually do, when backup process! :D :D

I hope this info is usefull!

panhandle

• ihave a simular problem, when i program the external wah wah pedal (altough im not using the midi) and save the pedal in the stomp settings
    on reload, 8 times out of 10 mine crashes,
    then i have to format the flash. qaned sys reboot

also the wah pedal is very touchy even after using the int to set up the pedal, (and yes i have tried various pedals)
    when i emailed surport was told

"Dear digital.pressure,

I don't see any connection with foot pedals and effrects. There are no general issues known with 1.0.8 so far.

Only ideas I have is

a.
    try to boot and burn from USB-stick. Put the firmware file KAOS.BIn
    into the root directory (!!!) of an USB stick, plug it into the KPA and
    then push and hold the two < PAGE > buttons, while you switch the
    unit on.

b. rest the rig buffer by pushing and holding the Rig button while you switch on.

Let me know, if this helps."
    i still think there is a querky problem wile using the stomp wah and external pedals but hey what do i know..
    i have just gone back to using a seperate wah wah pedal

Steve
    Mainly my own built valve amps and Kemper

• May I ask you to open a support ticket. I tried and used wah wah extensively during backup, restore, reboot - no issue under 1.0.8 release. So we need to dig deeper and understand the specific conditions under which this is happening.

• Just thought I'd add that my unit is hanging on boot up as well (1.0.8.7292). Can't really say why, just started happening one day after a week of working fine. I've only had the unit a couple weeks, so I'm not familiar enough with it yet to troubleshoot. I'll read more here about exporting the system or whatever it is you guys are talking about.